Hopefully Not A Problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muse435

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just finished brewing my very first pumpkin ale :) Unfortunately i forgot to get a muslin bag to put the pumpkin in so i ended up just dumping it in to the kettle and brewed away. When i went to transfer it there was soo much gunk in the wort that the siphon barely started. I tried to use a screened funnel to help but it irremediably clogged up. In the end I got frustrated and just dumped the kettle into the primary. I plan on using a secondary, others who have made pumpkin ales posted that they transfered after 7 days. Will there be a problem having all of the pumpkin and hops in the primary?

Doubt it. I used a nylon strainer bag it worked with patience.A sanitized slotted spoon may have helped it along better along with it now that i think about it.

Doubt it. I used a nylon strainer bag it worked with patience.A sanitized slotted spoon may have helped it along better along with it now that i think about it.

I tried that, there was just too much pumpkin, i used a lot! :mug: I'm not too worried just curious.

I think the only problem you may have is the loss of voulme of beer to bottle. Dont know if this is the best advice but i would add a little more water at priming/ botteling.

Back