Leffe Blonde

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GateWay

Reaction score
Trying to expand my knowledge of beer I picked up several import/craft beers. I drank a 6 pack of Yukon Red amber with a friend. It was fairly hop forward but as the beer warmed a little the malt came out and balanced out very well.

I then moved on to Leffe Blonde and it tasted great to start with but had a smokey/woody taste to finish that I didnt really like. Is this just me or is this the normal taste of this beer?

Still have a Chimay red, Hobgoblin and Youngs double chocolate stout to give a try.

Cheers.

At first I thought it was good but after a couple I decided I did not like it all that much for the description you gave. It became overpowering for me after a while.

I have an excellent AG Leffe Blond recipe.
Matter of fact, I have a batch in secondary now.

Thanks all for your input. I had been drinking a couple ambers so wasnt sure if my taste was off. I still have 5 left so I will give them a go by themselves and see if that will make them taste different to me.

Just had a few more and it seems without the other beers before hand it tastes better. Still get the smokey/woody after tastes but much more palatable.

Back