Greetings from Augusta, GA.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarool

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I've been living in Augusta for about 7 years now. I was stationed here while in the Army and decided to stay a while after I got out. I have been extract and specialty grain brewing on and off for the past 3 or 4 years and I still consider myself a novice. I hope to start all grain brewing later this year after sink some $$$ into the necessary equipment.

The forums are very informative from what I have read thus far and I hope to do a lot of learning, contribute what I know from my experiences, and make some new friends.

BTW, we are finally... maybe... hopefully going to get our very own homebrew store here at the end of the summer!

Cheers and happy brewing!

Welcome and keep a close eye on craigslist for your equipment!!! Good luck with the home brew shop!!!

Hope you enjoy Disgusta. ;)

What info do you have on a homebrew store coming in to Aug? Currently Columbia has one.
I was talking to the guy that runs 8th Street Tobacco in downtown Augusta and he said he was going to open another store across the street called Aficinados. It will have wine, craft beer, cigars and also a homebrew supply. It should open late summer/early fall.They have been selling beer at 8th Street for a while now actually.

I have been to BetMar a few times, but my schedule doesn't allow me to go to Columbia very often. Good store though, and the owner is a super nice dude.

Hey, I'm in Augusta too, stationed here. Does anyone know of any homebrew clubs or have an interest in starting one? PM me.

Hey, I'm in Augusta too, stationed here. Does anyone know of any homebrew clubs or have an interest in starting one? PM me.

Like he said, Palmetto Brew club is in the area. I believe they are in Columbia, SC. There was a chapter that met up at Aiken Brewing Company, but I don't know if they still do. I went to one meeting, but it is hard for me to work a trip to Aiken into my schedule one a weeknight...

It would be great if a club could get started up in Augusta

Welcome from over in the ATL! Just moved down here with my family about 6 weeks ago from NY and am working on getting back to brewing ~ mostly adapting my brewery to the hot weather! Hopefully your LHBS gets up & running without a hitch.

nope. they used to have a facebook page, but that seems to have been deleted. next time i go to 8th street tobacco, i'll ask about it since the dude who owns it was opening the HBS.

seems like it has been nixed form what i can tell though. bummer.

Back