Salt Lake City Club??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacobyhale

Reaction score
Any of you fellow inmates of Utah know of a brewing club? I would really like to join something like this after seeing the talk about group brews and such. I think it would be extremely beneficial to actually watch someone, instead of just reading about it.

It's a shame I just moved to Kanab from Salt Lake otherwise I would love to be part of a club too.

I'll bet if anyone knows, the guys at the Beer Nut would.

In Utah I'd imagine it's near necessary in order to have a good time, depending on city and LDS percentage, of course. If there isn't, time to start one.

Woo woo. 801 represent. :ban:

I'm pretty sure there is one. I don't have any idea what it is though. I've taught a few friends to homebrew, and have a club of sorts (I suppose). Brew up some beers with buds on a Sunday (to stick it to UT), drink some beers, some burgers, some laughs...our troubles are over, dude.

Really though, I'd be down for an SLC HBT get-together. Only problem is I don't have a portable burner (yet) so it would necessitate some kitchen time. That, and we should wait a month so all of these beers I have sitting around conditioning are decently drinkable.

I'd definitely be down for a group brew! I have two propane burners, and now my big 10gal mash tun. I'd be willing to host, or travel! Let's set something up for a time that's convenient for everyone, as well as a time that beers will be drinkable!

I am just learning all grain and a group learning at the same time.. now that sounds like fun...

I would be more than down for this. I've looked and it seems like Zz has been disbanded or doesn't promote themselves. I haven't asked Jamie at the beernut yet. She would know for sure. I'm on my way in tomorrow so I'll bring it up. My stand doesn't travel well unless I get a truck. But I would be happy just to show up with some beer and hang out for any brew day anywhere.

I am just starting brewing my own beer. I would be into starting a club for brewers in salt lake city.

So no one has written on this discussion for a while now but I would personally like to get a real official home brew club going on in Salt Lake City, I will probably direct message some of you and try to see if we can get something going. I am also going to talk to Jamie over at The Beer Nut and see if they would sponsor a club. I am willing to host and travel.

There is a meetup.com group http://www.meetup.com/SLC-Home-Brewers/ but it doesn't get a lot of activity.

Also heard that someone was starting one not exactly affiliated with Salt City Brew Supply but held their first meeting at the store only a month or so ago. http://www.saltcitybrewsupply.com/

I also host the occasional poker tournament and have a meetup group http://www.meetup.com/Gameface-Card-Club/. I usually try to have a few brews on tap for people to try. Most of the players are far more interested in poker than beer, though.

I'm in taylorsville, would e interested in a brew club sometime. Couldn't host until some remodeling was finished, springish. Would love if someone with more experience taught a few brew sessions. I've been out of brewing for a year now and feel I almost need to learn it all over again.

hcuda said:
I'm in taylorsville, would e interested in a brew club sometime. Couldn't host until some remodeling was finished, springish. Would love if someone with more experience taught a few brew sessions. I've been out of brewing for a year now and feel I almost need to learn it all over again.

If I was off the stove top I'd be glad to have peeps over but the ol' lady would prolly kill me until I get a outside system.. :mug:

I'm too ashamed of my lack of lawn care and the spent grain mountain to host a brew day. Maybe when it's all covered in snow...

I'm too ashamed of my lack of lawn care and the spent grain mountain to host a brew day. Maybe when it's all covered in snow...

LOL...

Recently moved into a new build. I don't even have a lawn. Just a bunch of dirt and rocks...

Plus we moved from a tiny apartment, so the house is pretty much devoid of furnishings. There wouldn't be anywhere for people to sit at my place. Not opposed to hosting, but I at least want people to be comfortable.

UtahNate said:
LOL...

Recently moved into a new build. I don't even have a lawn. Just a bunch of dirt and rocks...

Plus we moved from a tiny apartment, so the house is pretty much devoid of furnishings. There wouldn't be anywhere for people to sit at my place. Not opposed to hosting, but I at least want people to be comfortable.

I'm comfortable anywhere when thers a beer in my hand..lol

I'd be happy to host a brewing lesson at my house. I live in Salt Lake near Liberty Park. I can host up to 8 or so guys. I'm not much into the poker scene however. But a porter day sounds fun I have about a gallon left of a brown porter I brewed about 6 weeks ago.

I'd be down for that. Not much into poker either, or football. If wasn't for beer and cars my manhood would be suspect.

I will be able to host a get together soon. It don't look like next month will work, but December looks good. I will try to get the neighbor on board then we could have a couple of brews going at the same time. Jumping garage to garage. Between the two houses we should be able to handle the amount of people in the club.

As above posts have indicated, there are a couple brew clubs in the area. I joined ZZ Hops earlier this year. We don't publicize locations of meetings on our website (trying to avoid people that would just show up for free beer) but you can go to zzhops.org for more info including contact info.

hcuda said:
I'd be down for that. Not much into poker either, or football. If wasn't for beer and cars my manhood would be suspect.

Haha I'm in the same boat there my friend.

I am down for poker and brew hosting. I've got lots of room in the tville area. 54th and 27th. I know of two guys fairly close that would be in. The wife and I are always into hosting get togethers. I do brew in the garage on propane. So it would require dressing warm durring the brew time. Pm me and we can talk about setting something up for Nov.

Salt City Brew Supply is hosting a AHA learn to homebrew day demonstration on Nov 3rd 11-4.. Open to everyone.. Doing a all grain class/demo..

I'll probably drop by for that... Slowly getting the pieces I need to go AG. Would be nice to see a demo in-person before attempting it by myself.

Actually did go to the class. Needed to pick up a couple of things for some hard cider for SWMBO so the timing worked out well.

Can't say I learned anything new, but it did help me realize I tend to over think things a bit and make it more difficult on myself. Plus it was nice to meet some other people who are into the hobby.

Decided that Sunday's the day to brew my first AG batch.

I missed the big day... I am all set and ready to go AG but I am scared to make the big jump...

It helped assuage some of my apprehension about making the leap to AG. I won't say it's the easiest thing in the world, but certainly not as hard as I was making it out to be in my head. I'm sure you'll do just fine. :ban:

All in all my first AG brew day went well. Had a couple of issues with my propane burner (have never worked with propane before), but once I got that figured out it went fairly smoothly. I did miss my OG target by .004 though, but all things considered, I'm okay with that.

Back