Welcome to Fall!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david_42

Reaction score
On Sept. 10th, it hit 95F. Had the A/C running hard. Most of my hops went from green to brown that day. and the blackberries shriveled on the cane. Saturday, I finally get a batch in the fermentation cabinet (former kegger) and set it to 64F. This morning, the official temperature outside is 38F, there's frost over in the marsh and the fermenter is down to 60! Ditto, my bedroom. Time to switch over to heating mode.

Still, Fall is my favorite time of the year.

It's been like that here, too. On Thursday night, it got down to 27 degrees. On Sunday, the daytime temperature was in the 80s and even last night it was quite warm. It's definitely fall when you use the AC and the furnace in the same day!

It was in the 40's or 50's yesterday morning, and mid 80's in the afternoon. I had to change clothes from longsleeves and pants to shorts.

I wish it would cool down only because I want my kegs colder and I don't have kegerator money.

Finally getting some cooler nights around here too with the rainy season all but gone. low-mid 60's in the eve is a welcome event! Still lower 90's in the day, but at least its dry.

This is the time of year that the weather makes no sense here in CT. Mid 80s during the day, 40s at night then 40s during the day for a couple days then back to the mid-upper 80s with nasty humidity.... I'm just waiting for snow followed by a day in the 90s...

F.O.G. First Osborne user's Group (ca 1982). I've been dink'n with computers way too long.

Once the rains start, I'll have mornings where there is a fog layer at ground level going down valley (south), a fog layer above that going up valley (north), and a third layer topping the ridges heading east. Or if it rains early, double and triple rainbows.

F*cking HOT here today. 88 deg at noon. Sweated my nuts off all day at work. I gotta move to Alaska or something. Winter can't get here fast enough.

cnbudz said:
This is the time of year that the weather makes no sense here in CT. Mid 80s during the day, 40s at night then 40s during the day for a couple days then back to the mid-upper 80s with nasty humidity.... I'm just waiting for snow followed by a day in the 90s...

You know what they say about the weather in New England!

You don't like, go the hell back to where you came from!

Fall is the best because the trees are gorgeous, there is all types of hunting and the salmon runs begin...plus FOOTBALL. Oh god i love this time of year.

Speaking of which, anyone archery hunt this year and get something? I spent a total of 12 days in the woods with only one opportunity to shoot and it got messed up.

I had an uncle in Wisconsin that bow "hunted". In twenty-five years, zip. I think it was just another excuse to get away from the house & get drunk. I could probably get a doe if I took the screen off the bathroom window. There's a nice fat one that's out there most evenings, chomping on blackberries.

I was being baked alive while I worked today. Three fans running full tilt. Reminds me of the corny joke about two guys who died and went to hell. The fella from Georgia was pissing and moaning about how terrible the heat was, and the guy from South Carolina comments, 'huh, they even have air conditioning here!

Well, anyhow... It won't cool off here till November sometime.

That's okay. I HATE being cold:)

Jennifer

david_42 said:
Still, Fall is my favorite time of the year.

Fall? Haven't really seen fall in 3 years. Cannot wait to get the hell out of this @#&% state in about a year...

Klainmeister said:
Fall is the best because the trees are gorgeous
Yeah its special around here too. Its the one time of the year that we can watch the Palo Verde trees turn green to tan. :D

Wild

We had ONE day that it was 62 out here (there were actually clouds in the sky, no rain ;)...forgot how beautiful they are..)..SWMBO went out and bought pumpkins, wreaths, candles, etc......and the next day it was 85. I knew it was a trick! It won't actually be "fall" here until DEC.....

Klainmeister said:
Speaking of which, anyone archery hunt this year and get something? I spent a total of 12 days in the woods with only one opportunity to shoot and it got messed up.

The bow season doesn't start here for us until Oct. 16.

Usually I only hunt the regular season with a rifle, but this year I'm going to take my bow and get one of these big bucks..

11024-MDGC0044.JPG

Ahhh seems like only yesterday I put away the window AC and fans and dug out the space heater for the garage/catroom.

Oh yea. That *was* yesterday. And Klainmeister, you can HAVE your football! It took me over TWO FRICKIN HOURS to get to the Mt. Angel Oktoberfest because of that stoopid civil war game going on in Corvallis! I-205 and I-5 was a veritable glacier of cars festooned with orange and white, and green and yellow.

Latest posts

Back