tangerine wheat ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

william2010

Reaction score
I contacted lost coast brewery in hopes of some kind of lead one the tangerine ale. He told me that they start with a traditional American wheat beer fermented with american ale yeast . Then post fermentation add the tangerine essence. But was not able to tell me how much. Any ideas I would like to try it

In the recipes I have put together I have opted to use 4oz of flavored extract per 5 gallon batch. I am currently fermenting a traditional German Hefe that I will be adding 4oz of Peach extract to at bottling time and it will be a 6.25 Gallon batch.

william2010 said:
Sweet that sounds good. Have you done one before ?

I have and it works well, you may have to play with the amount depending on the strength of the extract though because it's pretty concentrated stuff.

Saw the title and immediately thought of lost coast tangerine. Every time I visit parents in fla, I load up on it. So what extract have you been using?

Haven't tried it myself yet but they said tangerine essence . You can probably get it at any grocery store.

william2010 said:
You think not as much or a little more?

With flavor extracts I always tend to go lighter the first time and then tweak the recipe depending on the final results, that's how I generally approach these things.

Back