New Glarus

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love almost all of their special releases (the "Thumb-print" series), but (as with New Belgium's Fat Tire) don't drink their flagship Spotted Cow much any more. Of the regular releases, I like Moon Man, Dancing Man and Road Slush. My favorites of the Thumb-print releases are the Enigma, Cran-bic, ABT, Choc. Abbey and Imperial Weizen. The new barleywine seems very good, but I've only had one and am holding a dozen or so in the cellar. Of course, the Belgian Red and Raspberry Tart are great beers if you in the mood for that sort of thing. I believe they are both rated 100 at RB. I always have a few bottles of each in the cellar ready for when the mood strikes.

I love moon man and spotted, I just toured the brewery yesterday! it was larger than I thought...

I was having a cherry stout when I made my first post and I was half in the bag, so maybe that should have gone in drunken ramblings. LOL!

My favorite beer from them is the Fat Squirrel. I know that it's "just" a nut brown and it's nothing over the top like most people get excited over these days, but that beer is so well made and so flavorful. I love it!

I've also had their Moon Man, Raspberry Tart (which I also loved), and their Spotted Cow. I was at a wedding in Madison yesterday that had Spotted Cow on tap. It was great!

I'm headed to visit the brewery today and I'm really excited about it. Luckily I drove out from PA, so I am planning on buying up a bunch of NG to take home with me. Along with the trunk full of stuff I bought on the way through IL..... YAY!

Moon Man - nice pale ale
Fat Squirrel - best brown ale I've had

They also make some of the best fruit beers I've had:

Raspberry Tart
Belgian Red (cherry)

It would be nice if they sold their beer outside of WI. :drunk:

Back