Sam Adams..... Ales?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reno_eNVy

Reaction score
Saw this and it made me chuckle. Figured I would share it with the masses:

0222001806.jpg

Some states have laws that alcohol needs to be called certain things based on ABV. You might be in a state where everything less than 6% is an ale.

Some states have laws that alcohol needs to be called certain things based on ABV. You might be in a state where everything less than 6% is an ale.

Then shouldn't they have new packaging that doesn't say "Lager"?

That's pretty funny actually. Like the time that someone tried to explain to me that there are two types of beer, ales & stouts...

That's pretty funny actually. Like the time that someone tried to explain to me that there are two types of beer, ales & stouts...

brilliant.

just like when people say a beer has a "stout" flavor. really, it does?

interesting, considering that's a dunkel weiss you're drinking. :D

I have to thank you for posting that pic. I've been sitting at my desk, feeling a little thirsty but not knowing what to pick up at the store.... it's 59° and sunny outside, so I'm thinking a couple Noble Pils would go back REAL nice right about now.... :rockin:

brilliant.

just like when people say a beer has a "stout" flavor. really, it does?

interesting, considering that's a dunkel weiss you're drinking. :D

yes, I had a friend describe the full sail black lager as "it tastes like a porter", me "your just saying that because it's dark" him, "yeah, your right"

I know in TX to call it a lager it has to be less then 5% I belive. That is why Shiner Frost is called an Ale even though it is a lager.

My only question is: Where is that!?!

$13.58 for a 12 pack of Noble Pils!!!!!

Lucky SOB!!!!!!!!

That's pretty standard in Reno. For the first few months it was available it was $11.99 everywhere.

And to answer above questions, no. Nevada is far too easy going in alcohol law. There are no rules of ABV % to be a lager/ale.

State laws is very silly. At least they should be accurate. *shakes head*

Also, some people are just idiots. My local Market Basket (regional chain in New England) had a big display of Budweiser American Ale when it first came out, with hand written signs that said "Budweiser American Lager, NEW!"

Any, after that, they started carrying Kona brewing beers, which are brewed IN NEW HAMPSHIRE, for a brewery in Hawaii. The put up signs stating "brewed in Hawaii!"

Some people are just stupid. It's your job to enlighten them

Sean From NH

Also, some people are just idiots. My local Market Basket (regional chain in New England) had a big display of Budweiser American Ale when it first came out, with hand written signs that said "Budweiser American Lager, NEW!"

Any, after that, they started carrying Kona brewing beers, which are brewed IN NEW HAMPSHIRE, for a brewery in Hawaii. The put up signs stating "brewed in Hawaii!"

Some people are just stupid. It's your job to enlighten them

Sean From NH

That's pretty dang funny about the Market Basket. However, Kona does indeed have a microbrewery in Hawaii, but that stuff only stays on the island. Mainland draft and bottled versions are brewed in a couple over the continental US, including New Hampshire.

Yeah, and it say's it right on the bottle "brewed in NH"

Thats why I keep my Sharpe handy... so I can correct their mistakes!

Sean From NH

Back