Where did you begin?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewpastor said:
Well? When you coming to Corrales?!
I REALLY wanted to make a stop on the way up to Denver last June...until my plans got derailed! However...I might be in ABQ next week...just for a night...but still...

I never did a intro...my bad :eek: (Hi, my name is April. I live in Omaha and have been brewing for 2 1/2 years.)

Bradsul was the first to answer my first thread and question. I had been recruited to make a lady lime beer (belch!) and asked if anyone had any ideas. It was the Bird that swayed me (it wasn't hard) from making it and just going with a weak light ale that she could add the limes to. She is kind of nuts and adds a whole sliced lime to her beers. :confused:

Nurmey said:
I never did a intro...my bad :eek: (Hi, my name is April. I live in Omaha and have been brewing for 2 1/2 years.)

Bradsul was the first to answer my first thread and question. I had been recruited to make a lady lime beer (belch!) and asked if anyone had any ideas. It was the Bird that swayed me (it wasn't hard) from making it and just going with a weak light ale that she could add the limes to. She is kind of nuts and adds a whole sliced lime to her beers. :confused:

Welcome to the board.

I must have taken my stupid pills today. I can only look back 500 posts no matter how I search :drunk:

SuperiorBrew said:
I must have taken my stupid pills today. I can only look back 500 posts no matter how I search :drunk:
I just clicked on the "My Replies" link that's in the welcome box at the top of each page and then clicked on the last page. My first post was right there.

RichBrewer said:
I just clicked on the "My Replies" link that's in the welcome box at the top of each page and then clicked on the last page. My first post was right there.
That's weird, when I try that it only goes back 500 posts.

I also was one who never had a intro post in this section. But Give me a break ok!? There wasn't a intro section back then. Here was my first post. It took me almost a month to post from when I joined. Setting the precedent that I don't talk much.

sause said:
I also was one who never had a intro post in this section. But Give me a break ok!? There wasn't a intro section back then. Here was my first post. It took me almost a month to post from when I joined. Setting the precedent that I don't talk much.
Wow that was thread 72 on the entire forum!

And here's the one that started it all! Very eloquent. :D

sause said:

Hmmm.. I checked out this thread and it appears that there are a couple of users in there who are not paying members, but have avatars. Maybe becoming a supporting member was not an avatar requirement when the board first started.

Here's mine.

Just wanted to say "hi" to folks around here... I'm a newbie homebrewer, actually made my first batch yesterday (seeing the fermentation begin made me very proud). I'm usually not shy about voicing my opinions, but since I'm still almost-a-virgin here, I'll probably be lurking mostly on the sidelines for now... anywho, looks like a great community so far.

By "now," of course, I meant the next ten or fifteen minutes...

Dude was the first/only one to respond, at least until the thread was un-buried a while back.

ohiobrewtus said:
Hmmm.. I checked out this thread and it appears that there are a couple of users in there who are not paying members, but have avatars. Maybe becoming a supporting member was not an avatar requirement when the board first started.

There wasn't a supporting member option back then. BTW I love talking old HBT.

I found this site after posting a little on the green board. For some reason that forum was pissing me off so I tried this one and as much as you try to push me off, I still am around. Dude was telling me when I first posted he figured I was a real EAC, come to shove my gear under everyones nose (my words, not exactly his) Well, Dude is a wise man! 2750+ posts and I haven't changed a bit.

How sad! My first two posts didn't even garner a single response! https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=39533

However, my third post asking about how to make a "plum" wheat using PRUNES certainly got a response or two! Ahhhh, poop talk. Good times.

EDIT: My first welcoming words were in like my 4th post from DeathBrewer.

DeathBrewer said:
have a good time brewing!

:mug:

any idea how to get to your actual first post? I can find my first original thread, but when I look at "my replies", it only gives me the most recent 500 posts...and I'm pretty sure that my first post wasn't an original thread...

Evan! said:
any idea how to get to your actual first post? I can find my first original thread, but when I look at "my replies", it only gives me the most recent 500 posts...and I'm pretty sure that my first post wasn't an original thread...

Go to your personal profile and check from their

I joined in May 05 and just read a while never did and Intro...

Hi everyone I'm Brewiz, glad to meet you!!!!

Ok I've done it..

Back