Pumpkin Spice Beer Recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey gang,

I'm thinking about trying a pumpkin spice beer for the first time.

I will be doing an extract brew and am looking for an easy first recipe. Any thoughts appreciated.

I don’t have an extract recipe but I may have some advice. The most important aspect of pumpkin beer is the spice; it is usually categorized as spice beer. Don't get caught up on extracting a lot of flavor from the pumpkin, concentrate on the spices rather. The whole point is for the beer to remind you of pumpkin pie, so if you get the spice proportions right you'll probably have a successful beer.

Last year I tried several pumpkin brews spiced with prepackaged pumpkin spice. I'm happy with .5 ounces in a five gallon batch, it came through nicely on my modest body and gravity brews without just taking over. On two of my three batches it left a very noticable off flavor. Never been able to narrow it down but the spice listed an anti caking agent that left me wondering.

Back