newbie!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rico6115

Reaction score
ok definatly like my beer, and through college i did the little make your own wine rigging which always tasted like yeast anyway...whatever got ya goin:) but i would like to know how to make beer, something i made. first off, how can i get started to be a good brewer. pictures and examples would be great. i am a plumber, heating and a/c tech so i can pretty much rig somthing up to get it to work. What do i need. Any perfect starting recipes, books that i need to get? please help me out, i dont know too much about this, but very interested!! thanks ..... Rico

Hey Rico. I'm still pretty new to this whole thing but I think I can help a little. I really like the book The New Complete Joy of Home Brewing by Charlie Papazian. It's easy to follw and it offers a lot of room to grow(it has intermidiate and advanced too). It has an outline of all the things that you'll need to get started. Next you need to find your local home brew store. There you'll find all the things that you will need.
If you really want to get cooking once you get all your tools( really large pot, carboy, strainers, plastic closed fermenter, air lock, hose, bottles and caps), you can just buy a kit. It will have all you need in it and have a recipe with directions.
Trust me you'll love it and find yourself like me daydreaming on the next batch. Good Luck.

Latest posts

Back