AHA Nationals...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do we have dinner plans nailed down for Wednesday yet?

I just got this e-mail..SWMBO REALLY wants to do it...I do too....anyone else?

It is limited to 50 people....who else is in?

$29 Four Course Breckenridge Brewery & BBQ Beer Paired Dinner

Join us for a unique Breckenridge Brewery BBQ & Beer paired dinner for only $29 per attendee on Wednesday, June 20th at 6:30 pm.

This $29 price includes:
• Four (4) course BBQ and beer paired meal.
• 22 oz. take home bottle of Breckenridge Brewery’s 471 IPA,
• Breckenridge Brewery pint glass and other goodies.

This dinner will be held at the Breckenridge Brewery & BBQ location at 5th & Kalamath in Denver , CO (Click here for information and directions).

As a sponsor of the 2007 American Homebrewers Association (AHA) National Homebrewers Conference Breckenridge Brewery & BBQ wanted to create a unique experience for AHA conference attendees while visiting Denver, C olorado. Breckenridge Brewery & BBQ’s General Manager, Stuart Close, enlisted the help of author of Grilling With Beer, Lucy Saunders, to create a fantastic four (4) course meal.

Highlights of the menu include a Smoked Chicken Breast with Saunders’ Mustard-Sage Glaze. Smoked over cherrywood and served with BeerCook’s potato salad paired with Breckenridge Brewery’s Summerbright Ale. For dessert an Oatmeal Stout Brownie served warm with Strawberry Vanilla Porter icing and paired with a Breckenridge Brewery Vanilla Porter.

Lucy will also spend time with attendees discussing the perfect drink for the smoky flavors of grilled foods and BBQ.

This dinner is limited to 50 attendees. To reserve your participation, please call Breckenridge Brewery & BBQ at 303-573-0431. Reservations will need to be confirmed with a credit card.

www.AHAConference.org

Grilling with Beer, by author
Lucy Saunders

$29 Four Course Breckenridge Brewery & BBQ Beer Paired Dinner Menu:

Appetizer

Buffalo – style Smoked Pork Shanks
Tossed in IPA buffalo sauce with celery, carrots and bleu cheese
~Paired with 471 India Pale Ale~

Salad

Propermosa Wedge Salad
With carrot ribbons, fresh basil and Propermosa vinaigrette
~Paired with Proper Wheat Ale~

Entree

Smoked Chicken Breast with Saunders’ Mustard-Sage Glaze
Smoked over cherrywood and served with BeerCook’s potato salad
~Paired with Summerbright Ale~

Or

Pulled Pork with Saunders’ Coffee-Stout Q Sauce
Smoked sixteen hours and served with BeerCook’s potato salad
~Paired with Thunder Oatmeal Stout~

Dessert

Oatmeal Stout Brownie
Served warm with strawberry Vanilla Porter icing
~Paired with Vanilla Porter~

Okay...Let's all make reservations tomorrow morning. It says they'll need a credit card so let's all go on our own for that. But we are in for sure provided they have spots left. Post here if you have any problems.

For 29 bucks I think this is a freaking steal.

COOL!!!!!!

We'll have to hook up afterwards. We don't get in until after 9PM. (I'll check for the exact time.) FWIW: I've had their food and it's awsome.

If you want in on that dinner, do it quick....I just made a reservation and he said they were going really quick. He didn't have a Mr. Brewtopia or a Mr. Richbrewer or a Mr. Brewpastor signed up yet...GET ON IT FOOS!!!!!!

EDIT: I just called the guy back to put all of us on the same reservation and he said he could only do 4 at a time, so I have 2 lucky other souls reserved for it now.

Brewtopia, if you get a reservation, please post here so we know that the other 2 will be covered. I think all we'll need is 6, right? BP you aren't bringing SWMBO, right? And how are you getting out of your churchly duties on Sunday, BTW?

I just called and he said he'd call me back after the lunch rush. I told him it was for the beer dinner on the 20th and he said there should be an opening for me and SWMBO. I hope so. I was going to call earlier but I was in a meeting. I hate work when it interferes with my social life!:mad:

Reservation made. I could go to a judges dinner that night but I would rather eat and drink with friends I have never met, as opposed to eat and drink with people I will never talk to again. I will miss Randy Mosher talking about flaws, but I read his book and I am sure you all will be much more entertaining.

As for Sunday duties - I just told them I was going to a brewers conference!

Dude said:
If you want in on that dinner, do it quick....I just made a reservation and he said they were going really quick. He didn't have a Mr. Brewtopia or a Mr. Richbrewer or a Mr. Brewpastor signed up yet...GET ON IT FOOS!!!!!!

EDIT: I just called the guy back to put all of us on the same reservation and he said he could only do 4 at a time, so I have 2 lucky other souls reserved for it now.

Brewtopia, if you get a reservation, please post here so we know that the other 2 will be covered. I think all we'll need is 6, right? BP you aren't bringing SWMBO, right? And how are you getting out of your churchly duties on Sunday, BTW?

Mr. Dude,

Are you counting on me for one of your reservations? I have made my own, and had it added to yours, but can have it changed around if need be.

-Rev. BP :D

Back