12 gallon stainless conical $897.00

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
could be, but from their website: Special and custom orders placed now will be ready to ship from Portland in approximately April. See our list of in-stock and coming soon special order items.

What I am saying is that an order placed to China today would take about 30 or so days to arrive here in the states. As with everything, the more you buy at one time the better price you get per unit and with shipping. So the guy at Stouts probably waits until he fills a large order before placing one.

THIS is the manufacturer who makes them for Stouts Tanks and Kettles

Wow I was going for the weekend and there have been a ton of posts. From what I understand of the Stout tanks is that they are manufactured in china. So really what I propose is that we as a group cut out the middle man and save a few bux. I will ask the folks for a technical drawing. I was planning on posting the information in a new thread. Give me a couple days and I will do that. I specified triclamp with a racking arm and thermowell

Could you add some of the kettles to the same order to add to the quantity? Or would they have to be on a separate order? I'd be in on a set of the kettles.

The link in post 42 don't work for me.

Could you add some of the kettles to the same order to add to the quantity? Or would they have to be on a separate order? I'd be in on a set of the kettles.

The link in post 42 don't work for me.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Stout has the pic of a 1bbl system for under $3k (Home 1 BBL BREWING SYSTEM, Approx. $3,000!). If we could get something like that and save a few hundred $$$, I'd be really really interested.

How do these compare to the blichmann conicals? Does anyone here own one?

Any of them, I'm talking build quality, any size conical fermenter from stouts/the supplier.

I have a 7.3 from Stout and it's a nice quality fermenter for the money. I'm now looking at larger fermenters because I recently bought a 45 gallon BK and 40 gallon MLT from Stout. I'm very happy with all three pieces.

Like I said, lets get a price from our Chinese brethren for one of these setups:

1-BBL-BREWING-SYSTEM.jpg

Ok here are the pictures and technical drawings. this is not from the same person that makes the stout tanks. I sent off a request for that info also.

similar picture.jpg

photos.jpg

top of fermenter.jpg

Ok here are the pictures and technical drawings. this is not from the same person that makes the stout tanks. I sent off a request for that info also.

I like the looks of the ones on the right. The one thing I don't like about the Stout conicals is the lid.

So if people are interested in these let me know we need at least 5 to place an order and 20 and 30 to get the breaks that I had listed

Looks like two different types of conicals. Which ones are you looking to order?

crazyirishman34 said:
I looked into buying a few of those conicals direct from China. The ones that I was looking at also had triclamp fittings. They are about $300 FOB in china if you buy 10 or more. If you are willing to wait a month or so for them to show up with shipping a nice conical can be had for about $400

Fully pressurized?

if anyone is still interested in the 14.5gal fermentors I am still looking to do a group buy

Did you get a price? Is there any savings to be had? I might be interested depending on price, but I'd really like one of those 1bbl systems I posted the photo of. Let me know what you hear.

THANKS!

I've thought about buying direct from China, but I've also read horror stories where people don't get anything for their money or they get junk. I think I'd rather buy from a USA importer that will back up the product so I know I'm going to get what I paid for.

It's not worth the risk for the bit of savings, IMO. Let someone else deal with them and take the risk - I'll gladly pay a little extra to let them handle it. Since they deal with the companies all the time and have people in China, they are in a better position than you or I.

I think that you should talk exclusively for yourself. I have had dealing with people in China and feel confident that I would not be duped. The saving would be almost half of what you would pay to an "importer". If you think that the fellow from stout tanks or anyone else has special mojo that is not the case.

crazyirishman34 said:
I think that you should talk exclusively for yourself. I have had dealing with people in China and feel confident that I would not be duped. The saving would be almost half of what you would pay to an "importer". If you think that the fellow from stout tanks or anyone else has special mojo that is not the case.

False stouts is very close to the price you would pay if you ordered directly.

The ones I was looking to order are the ones in the pictures with the domed lids, racking arm, thermowell ect. While the stout tanks are nice they have the odd clamping system to hold seal the lid. Also you can't pressure transfer with them. Also I talked to them about get some with cooling jackets

The ones I was looking to order are the ones in the pictures with the domed lids, racking arm, thermowell ect. While the stout tanks are nice they have the odd clapping system to hold seal the lid. Also you can't pressure transfer with them. Also I talked to them about get some with cooling jackets

What did they say about the cooling jackets?
Where would they be hitting the US?
If we could get solid specs and shipping details so we can get a solid final cost, I could then decide to make a firm commitment or not.

Thanks again!

crazyirishman34 said:
The ones I was looking to order are the ones in the pictures with the domed lids, racking arm, thermowell ect. While the stout tanks are nice they have the odd clapping system to hold seal the lid. Also you can't pressure transfer with them. Also I talked to them about get some with cooling jackets

Subscribed this sounds interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back