Midwest = Winning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerChef17

Reaction score
So Midwest missed an item in my order I received last week. I received my replacement item today and was pleasantly surprised! Not only did I get my missing 3# DME but an extra 3# DME on top (don't need the extra 3# but im sure I'll find a use ;) ). The extra DME was nice but the icing on the cake was a hand written apology note - now that's customer service! Needless to say Midwest just won my next order

So Midwest missed an item in my order I received last week. I received my replacement item today and was pleasantly surprised! Not only did I get my missing 3# DME but an extra 3# DME on top (don't need the extra 3# but im sure I'll find a use ;) ). The extra DME was nice but the icing on the cake was a hand written apology note - now that's customer service! Needless to say Midwest just won my next order

While this is a great story, this sort of information should be posted in the Vendor Review section for this particular vendor. That way it can serve as a repository for positive and negative experiences without requiring people to search all over the forum. :mug:

good call...i dont tend to think things through when I'm super psyched. nothing beats bottling a beer and a package full of goodies from the FedEx driver

i use them too. they have always been great. i really need to go give them good feed back.

I love MWS, however I wish they offered some sort of shipping deal. Maybe they're working on it.

I love MWS, however I wish they offered some sort of shipping deal. Maybe they're working on it.

I don't look at just "shipping" deals, I look at the overall bottom line. The "flat rate" shipping deals can be deceptive; depends on what you order.

Hmmm. I had a botched order last week too, that I'm happy to say is being remedied quickly and very much so to my satisfaction... I hope the "new guy" over there is learning his lessons ;)

When I ordered my first equipment kit from Midwest they left out my stick on thermometor. I sent a short email and had 2 at my doorstep within the week. Have placed plenty of orders since and have no complaints for Midwest. I typically order from AHS since I place orders with my buddy and AHS offers free shipping over $100.

Shipping is the killer. I recently quoted some brew gear on various sites and it bumped the shipping up to like $100 if I remember correctly.

I look at bottom line for everything, but when it comes down to it, if I'm going to pay a considerable amount on shipping, I would rather get more brew stuff (or wheat and rye berries, or books, or whatever) than spend the money on shipping.

Shipping is the killer. I recently quoted some brew gear on various sites and it bumped the shipping up to like $100 if I remember correctly.

I look at bottom line for everything, but when it comes down to it, if I'm going to pay a considerable amount on shipping, I would rather get more brew stuff (or wheat and rye berries, or books, or whatever) than spend the money on shipping.

There is a curve to it. When I first started, I priced all of my stuff at three places. Two of them had $6.99 (or something) flat rate shipping. With the amount of stuff I was buying, it was much cheaper through Midwest but I could see how different amounts/weights could steer you to another store.

I don't look at just "shipping" deals, I look at the overall bottom line. The "flat rate" shipping deals can be deceptive; depends on what you order.

Agreed 100%.

Which is why 100% of my equipment is from MWS. I'll buy a kit or two when ordering equipment, but otherwise if I'm just after kits, my business goes elsewhere.

I love MWS, they have great service, and I like to stay loyal but I'm worrying about my bottom line also.

Back