In the Poconos

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MinsiMan

Reaction score
I've been living in the Poconos for a few years now and still have not been able to find what I'm looking for. I'm in search of a bar that is a real beer drinker's bar. Somewhere that doesn't rely on free merch from Bud Light and Coors to furnish their walls. Can anyone help?!?!

I've worked up around pottsville and run into the same problem. If I was you plan a weekend trip to harrisburg ever once in awhile. They have alot of good places to drink beer around there.

What JBrady said...

Other than that I wish you luck. I lived in Pike Co. for a while and most bars were tourist dumps or decked out with the Coors Light race car hood in the summer and the Miller Lite "welcome hunters" banner (in camo and blaze orange of course) in the fall/ winter.

But wait... there's more! Bubba and his friends will greet you with a "y'all ain't from around here" scowl when you walk in. As an added bonus, you're almost guaranteed a nip slip from under Bubba's overalls!

Your best bet is a tourist dump with *maybe* stella or guiness on tap, a trip to the nearest mall (and the adjacent Pizzeria Uno... which for me was in NJ) or brew a lot of good beer.

With all that said... I kinda miss the place.

Pennsyltucky, sounds like Mel's on Rt. 6. I'm new here and was wondering if there was anyone else from the area.

I used to live in Bushkill, about an hour South of Shohola. I can't remember the name of the place that was closest to us, but it was up County Road 2003... "The Log Cabin", maybe? I didn't mind the place, for what it was, but the wife hated it!

Im from Pike County and now live in Scranton. The Backyard ale house is my favorite place. They have a good selection of bottles and something like 20 drafts. The banshee has somewhere around 60. Most places up this way are all about coors/miller/bud light, but you can find a few good ones around here

marie's yaegerhouse in snydersville on business 209 was pretty good - but i think they're closed for a while now. She was an elder german lady who used to serve us as 15 year olds, and believed it was illogical to not serve beer to kids... The stone bar inn right near there has pretty good food and a decent selection. I don't know if it is still there but the jagermeister in cresco was awesome. i think just south of where 191 out of buck hills falls hits 390. We used to booze it up in the shale quarries, if that helps any... I've actually always had a blast in all those great backwoods bars in the poconos, but i certainly wasn't picky about what i drank. As long as they had a widdy (or even in some the darto- or "woody"), a jukebox, and yuengling on tap- it was time to get good and drunk...

Latest posts

Back