Tennessee Group Hop Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Now that we have all kinds of grain it is time to order some hops. I bought some hops with the Olympia Group buy, but I know some of you guys need some hops. I suggest that we get together and so a big group split. That way we can all have a bunch of different hops on hand.

We have several choices when it comes to where to order from. We could order from Hops Direct but it looks like they have run out of a lot of different hop varieties. That leaves NCM or B. Crosby Hop Farm. I will a link to the B. Crosby Hop Farm and before we buy I will request a quote from NCM.

We will be ordering only pellets hops. Figure about $1lb for shipping.

http://www.bcrosbyhops.com/pellet-hops-categories-5.html?page=1

1lb of Willamette
1lb of US Golding
1lb of German Perle

Does anyone have a vacuum sealer that would be willing to let me borrow/use to split up bulk hops?

I do have a vacuum sealer and we can do the splits here at my house since the hops will be delivered here anyways.

you may want to talk with your neighbors before hand... big bags of green stuff being weighed by the oz and put in smaller bags for a lot of different guys.

I'm just saying

I did not see centennial...?
I want:
1lb- Willamette
1lb- Hallertau
1/2lb- Cascade
1/2lb- Northern Brewer

Can what I need be shipped to Louisville? I'd love to get in on this.. I picked up 4 oz of hops for an IPA yesterday which cost me 12 bucks. Ouch.

I'm in for a pound of Cascade hops plus 4 or 8 ounces quantities of anything useful for SMaSH beers.

I agree with wildwest. When I got my 7 pounds and broke that down to 1oz bags and sealed that man was that a long afternoon. But i took a que from some1 on here to make 4 separate bags in 1 big bag so it wasn't too bad.

not a bad yield just more pro brewers I think are using them now and from what Bobby said they used that and Amarillo to make the falconers flight.

I managed to grab 3oz of Simcoe and 4oz of Sorachi for my IPA off Hops Shack. Pricey, but not the most I've ever spent on an IPA.

I'm in for a pound of Cascade hops plus 4 or 8 ounces quantities of anything useful for SMaSH beers.

Can you let me know which ones you want? What I would choose and what you would choose are going to be very different:drunk:

I will take the last 4 oz of US Northern Brewer and I will take 4 oz of Liberty. As of this minute we have the following to be ordered: Cascade 6.5#, Centennial 4#, Williamette 3#, US Northern Brewer 2#, Chinook #2, and 1# each of US Golding, German Perle, Nugget, Crystal, Hallertau, Columbus.

I will take 4 oz of Cascades and 4 oz of Liberty. That leaves 4 oz of Cascades and 8 oz of Liberty unspoken for.

Right now we are at 26#. FijiDave has yet to give me his order and I am hoping a couple of other folks will get in as well.

Just Cluster and Styrian Goldings. I just made a classic American Lager that rocks. I'll be brewing a lot more in the future. Those are the hops for it. I think Fuggles can be subbed for the Goldings, but I want to stay authentic if possible.

_

I'll take the extra 4oz of cascade...

What do we need to be able to go thru NCM?
if we go thru there, I'll take an additional 1# of Ahtanum

I'll take the extra 4oz of cascade...

What do we need to be able to go thru NCM?
if we go thru there, I'll take an additional 1# of Ahtanum

We can request a quote from them at anytime. I will gather all of the information at some point this week and contact the folks at NCM to see what kind of prices they can give to us. After I receive the quote I will compare it to bcrosbyhops.com prices.

also if we go thru NCM, I'll also add 1# Styrian Goldings

And I'll be honest, I would rather go thru NCM, because their pricing is better...

also if we go thru NCM, I'll also add 1# Styrian Goldings

And I'll be honest, I would rather go thru NCM, because their pricing is better...

The pricing on NCM's price list is based upon buying 44# boxes of that hop. Not sure what the price is going to be if we just buy a little of this and a little of that.

Back