Group grain buy DE, MD, VA, PA???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Native302

Reaction score
Can someone put together a group grain buy for Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, and PA? My LHBS wants $89 for a bag of Marris Otter and I refuse to pay that. $75 for a bag of 2 row......

Can some one help a brother brewer out.

I'm in VA Beach, and would be in for a bag or 2. Let me know if there is somewhere good in VA to buy bulk grain if anyone knows.

Wait - you're in Milton, DE and you're looking for grain? Can't you just hijack an truck inbound for Dogfish Head? :cross:

there was a recent bulk buy from someone in Charlottesville VA and another organized by someone in Takoma Park, MD. Keep checking the board, I have heard the dude in MD does it almost every 2-3 months. I got a couple bags from him back in late January and he just completed another order.

How Do You Brew in Newark area organizes a bulk buy twice a year. Problem is, they just had one (i picked up 12 sacks). They will probably have another in August or September. I'll post to remind. Until then, I would def. jump on a bulk buy in the area.

Brew Strong, my friends!

Wait - you're in Milton, DE and you're looking for grain? Can't you just hijack an truck inbound for Dogfish Head? :cross:

They get their shipments in grain trucks and pump them into their silos. They only get bags of special grains.

We just finished one up in SE PA as well. Probably do another in June/July. Let me know if you want me to add your name to the list.
Tom

I am about to throw down on the south jersey/philly group buy but would love it if there was one in the Baltimore( or Maryland in general) area. Anyone ready to start one up out here?

There was just a MD/VA Group buy a few weeks ago. Look in the Brewing Events and Local Gathering Thread. Post on there to drum up interest in a repeat.

I live in Milford, DE. Would like to get in on this. Please keep me informed.

Thanks,

Richie

Just organizing a co-op/club with some friends and looking toward the future.

Gotta build a mill first, though. If we can get that done by the next buy, I'm in.

takoma park. its MD very northern tip of the DC beltway.

Yeah that's too far for me. Wish it was closer. I'm in on the Philly/Jersey grain buy and the pickup is in Jersey which is closer for me.

I wish someone would start one in Southern DE, MD. Maybe Ocean City? Maybe I might start one.

But anyway thank you for the quick reply! :mug:

Back