Feijoa/Golden Kiwi

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alaskajoe

Reaction score
I had an excellent liqueur the other night from New Zealand made from Feijoa fruit. In the US, this fruit is also known as Golden Kiwi I think. Anyone ever utilized this in meadmaking?

Hi there, I don't have a lot to add to this, just stumbled upon it looking for a feijoa wine recipe (the trees are going mental here at the moment, and people had absolutely tons to give away). Anyway, they are actually quit different to golden kiwifruit. Here's a link to Wikipedia with some info..... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feijoa it's not uncommon to be used to make sparkling wine here, but I've never heard of it being used in mead, that's not to say it isn't possible. Good luck!

I make a sparkling strawberry/kiwi (the green kind) mead that was great. Unfortionatly, I'll never make it again because it wasn't intended to be sparking. The fermentation picked up after backsweetening.

Back