What NOT to do...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigsilk

Reaction score
Hey, for anyone collecting empties for bottling...

DON'T USE DOS EQUIS BOTTLES!!!

I just finishing bottling over half my batch with them and I hope to the beer gods that they keep their seal. Will test one in a week or so.

Sam Adams type bottles are the best. Brown to keep out light, with the proper neck to allow the capper to grab on to. The Dos Equis bottles don't have the same kind of neck.

Thanks for the advice. I prefer Harp bottles. I also bought the 24oz bottles. It takes less time to bottle, and when am I only going to drink 12oz of homebrew? Good Luck!

my favorite are new belgium bottles ... seem to be thicker than most and feel like they're indestructible!

Point of information, if you have a bench style capper, you don't have to worry about the neck of the bottle. Dos Equis bottles work fine.

If you have a wing style capper, you might also want to stay away from Bass bottles, (I think I'm remembering correctly) which have a very short lip area.

The best thing to get are returnables. Nice long necks, nice thick glass. Good lip for wing cappers. Great all around.

Back