Greetings from Columbus, OH!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CMHBrewer

Reaction score
Hi there - Hoping to talk the wife into a starter kit for Christmas so I'm trying to absorb all I can beforehand.

Here's to good brews all around! :mug:

Mike
Westerville, OH

Welcome Mike. Glad you could join us.

Props to you for looking to get into the hobby. Now if we can just get you guys down in Ohio a decent college football team......

Welcome Mike. Glad you could join us.

Props to you for looking to get into the hobby. Now if we can just get you guys down in Ohio a decent college football team......
Ha ha very funny - I have to put up with that on this board too? Can't get away from football here, even if I wanted to. Should be a good game next month though...

Ah well :drunk:

Hello Mike. I'm also new here and I'm live in Bowling Green, Ohio. I would recommend doing 1 gallon batches and starting from a Welches Juice recipe. You can google it or check out the recipe I used on my blog. I just started blogging my experience in wine making as a beginner.

Link: http://gnagyswine.blogspot.com/

Hi there - Hoping to talk the wife into a starter kit for Christmas so I'm trying to absorb all I can beforehand.

Here's to good brews all around! :mug:

Mike
Westerville, OH

Hey Mike,

I live in the "ville" as well. How long have you lived in Westerville. Welcome to the forum if you need any help on selecting equipment I'll be more than happy to help. I'm active in the local homebrew club and brew a couple times a month.

Hey Mike,

I live in the "ville" as well. How long have you lived in Westerville. Welcome to the forum if you need any help on selecting equipment I'll be more than happy to help. I'm active in the local homebrew club and brew a couple times a month.
I've lived here for about 8 years - currently I live over by North high school. I probably will take you up your offer - I'd love to see a batch brewed before I do one myself - especially if I go all grain at some point. We'll see how nice Santa is to me this year ;)

Speaking of, what IS the local club around here? SODZS?

Thanks,
Mike

Welcome to the board Mike. Speaking of homebrew clubs, I didn't know there was one around here either. I always just assume I'm gonna go it alone.

Yea... SODZ is the local club. I've been a member for a little over a year now. Since joining my brewing knowledge has increased considerably and my brewing friends have increased as well. If you want some information PM me your email address and I'll give you some information. There are more than a few home brewers in Westerville.

Back