Leftover Ingredients - What to make with them?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShaLaH

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I do 2.5 Gal All Grain batches and have some leftovers from an IPA that's fermenting now. I don't want to do another IPA or Pale Ale. Any suggestions on what I can do with these leftovers? I can go to my LHBS and get additional grains and adjuncts to add to this. I got a little over-zealous and bought too much of everything.

I have:

6 lbs Briess 2-Row
3 lbs Crisp Maris Otter
Pacman & 1056 yeast
a few ounces each of Simcoe, Amarillo, & Warrior hops.

Thanks for any recommendations!

Base malts and some good hops. Sky is the limit, friend. Pick a style and add a couple roasted grains to it.

If you don't want to do another IPA or Pale you will defintely need to pick up some different hops. You could make a pretty tasty amber, brown, or porter with those base grains and yeast.

Agreed, you need some roasted or caramel malts to mix it up a bit, otherwise you really can only do another pale ale or IPA. Get a little chocolate or black malt, make a bittering addition only and you'll have an ok porter at least.

Thanks for the input guys.

I'm thinking about doing an American Brown Ale, I've got everything but the roasted malts. Haven't done the scale down for a 2.5 Gal batch yet but the ingredients will look someting like this:

2-Row
Maris Otter
Cara-Pils
Chocolate Malt
Caramel/Crystal 60L
Caramel/Crystal 40L
Victory Malt

Warrior hops
Amarillo hops
Wyeast 1056

Back