Falconers Flight Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeantownR6

Reaction score
A new variety my lhbs has in stock. im going to make an IPA probably 60-20-15-10-5-0 min additions and dryhopping with it.

who has used them how do you like them?

I just kicked a keg of an all Falconer's IPA...Its a solid hop blend. I'd definitely use it again.

Jonthan, I am sad I never got to sample that ipa. I should have my all citra pale ale on tap in 3 weeks. You should stop in and have a pint.

I'm sure they make good beer, but I have the same issue with these that I do with recipe kits that don’t tell you the ingredients. I want to know what goes into my beer, otherwise you are at the mercy of the supplier. Using unknown ingredients also reduces your ability to learn from or tweak a recipe.

Will do, Paul...If it doesn't advance in the NHC then I'll have two bottles of it leftover...I'll save you one.

My last IPA was all Falconers with my usual grain bill. Simcoe in the aroma is strong. The flavor reminds me more of Columbus but it's really mellow and fruity. It dosen't taste as bitter as the calculations suggest. It missed the balance I wanted. It's alright but not something I'll ever make again.

My last IPA was all Falconers with my usual grain bill. Simcoe in the aroma is strong. The flavor reminds me more of Columbus but it's really mellow and fruity. It dosen't taste as bitter as the calculations suggest. It missed the balance I wanted. It's alright but not something I'll ever make again.

maybee ill use something else for bittering, but sounds good!

I'm sure they make good beer, but I have the same issue with these that I do with recipe kits that don’t tell you the ingredients. I want to know what goes into my beer, otherwise you are at the mercy of the supplier. Using unknown ingredients also reduces your ability to learn from or tweak a recipe.

My LHBS has the hops that are used to make the blend posted. I want to brew an IPA this weekend, so maybe I'll use some of these. I'll try to get the list while I'm at it.

Back