Need advice on what mini fridge to convert

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave258

Reaction score
I am ordering my kegs and tower from kegconnection today, and wanted to go out and pick up a mini fridge. I have seen many people use the sanyo 4912, but I think it is discontinued.
Any one know a good mini fridge that is easy to convert and can hold 2 5 gal ball locks? If it can hold 3 that is even better.
Also, are there any proven tricks to drilling through the top and not hitting the coolant line? I saw on youtube about using cornstarch and alcohol to see where the line dries first... Is this the best way? Don't want to end up with a $200 paper weight!
Thanks,
Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw the sanyo on amazon, but didn't want to have it shipped. Wanted to be able to look at it before I buy it.
I will check the other one out at Lowes tomorrow.
Does anyone know the minimum size to hold 3 standard ball locks? I looked through the sizing the chest freezer thread, but only saw chest freezers (go figure) until I stopped looking.

I am also in the same situation. I need a mini fridge that can hold 2 ball locks and a commercial 1/6bbl keg. (about 1/4inch wider and 3/8inch taller than a ball lock). Any ideas?

Back