Keggerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwilliams108

Reaction score
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who posts here. I lurk alot but very rarely post (new and don't really have much to add). I decided after bottling my first 2 batches that I was done with that so I bought a kegging system and mini-fridge. Here are a couple of the in progress pics of my new keggerator. Once again thanks for all the informative posts and pics.

IMG_1591.jpg

IMG_1587.jpg

IMG_1588.jpg

IMG_1589.jpg

IMG_1590.jpg

Don't forget to peel off the protective film on all 4 sides :)

Looks great! Congrats!

Dang, if I would have tried to roll up the edges of the freezer to get the extra inch to fit a 2nd 5 gallon cornie I wouldn't have snapped my coolant line.

Good work. Does the CO2 live on the hump?

Yup CO2 is on the hump, I took the dremel to the shelf "brackets" (molded plastic the shelves slide into) because the 2 cornies would sort-of fit but was really tight. Also mounted the drip tray so all thats left is to tighten fittings, clean the kegs, run sanitizer, fill with beer and test.............alot.

Looks great. Actually, inspiring. So, could you post the model number of that GE fridge? Does the lack of air space in their affect how cold it can get? I know you haven't tested it much, but maybe someone else knows.

You have a pic of the inside, finished, w/o the kegs in there.
Would like to see where you made modifications.

Good work!

Fridge is a GE model # SRM04DASCS sold at Sam's club for $139. Tested the cooling last night to make sure I hadn't cracked a line when bending the freezer section. With CO2 bottle and both kegs (empty) it got down to 25F with the probe wedged between the kegs about center of the fridge.

IMG_1594.jpg

IMG_1593.jpg

Back