Help Me Plan!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyangler18

Reaction score
So here's the deal: I gots yeast, and I gots lots. Plenty o' Nottingham, US-05 and US-04. Slants out the wazoo, with about 10 strains slanted right now. Some washed WLP400, WY1728 and WY1469.

And a few Wyeast smack packs:

Thames Valley 1275
Trappist High Gravity 3787
Saison 3724
European Ale 1338
Trappist Blend 3789

Throw some suggestions at me for future brews to kick start my imagination so I can start tinkering with some recipes using the smackpacks. Mebbe there's even a bottle or two innit for ya as thanks. ;) Waddya say?

A couple of the options are obvious, but I'm holding off a bit to let the weather get good and hot for the Saison.

Jason

hmmm...Looks like I have some plans of my own to make...

missionImpossible.gif

You wouldn't care to describe the nature of any alarms you may have would you?

:D

Freakin' yeast hog. :D

OK, take that 05 and make a nice, clean, crisp summery IPA.

EDIT: Oh, and thanks to you I've become obsessed with Belgian-style ales. So if you want to whip one up that I could copy as I move to AG here, well, I'd appreciate it.

EDIT: Oh, and thanks to you I've become obsessed with Belgian-style ales. So if you want to whip one up that I could copy as I move to AG here, well, I'd appreciate it.

You're welcome. :D I mean, what's not to love about Belgian beers??

The BGSA I posted about is going to be freakin' awesome - vanilla and cinnamon and fruity esters from the yeast with a nice dry finish. Can't wait til it's ready to serve, but that's two to three months down the line.

I need to build up the WLP400 on the stirplate and get a wit going again soon. I love me some Witbier.

I need to build up the WLP400 on the stirplate and get a wit going again soon. I love me some Witbier.

SWMBO Slayer? It's easy drinking and appeals to a large variety of people.

Also, use the high grav. Brew and cask condition something warming for the winter months. :mug:

I like that thought. Or...

Brew a tripel. Thrice. THG in one, Saison in another, 3789 in the third. Yum!

Thames Valley = Best Bitter. No brainer.

WY1469 = Mild.

WY1338 = Milk Stout.

WY1728 ... meh. Don't like it.

WLP400 = Duh.

That's how I'd do it.

Bob

Brew a tripel. Thrice. THG in one, Saison in another, 3789 in the third.

Good thinking! It'd be an interesting experiment to be sure.

Thames Valley = Best Bitter. No brainer.
Haven't done a Best Bitter in quite some time.
WY1469 = Mild.
You speak the truth. I've been in love with this yeast for my mild; in fact, the washed 1469 came from my last batch of MBM. :D
WY1338 = Milk Stout.
Haven't brewed one! Perfect time.
WY1728 ... meh. Don't like it.
How come? I dig it in my 70/-.
WLP400 = Duh.
:D

Back