Beer Waffles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMSetzler

Reaction score
3201872278_f7e781f560.jpg

I ran across this recipe somewhere recently and decided to give it a try for breakfast this morning. I was pleasantly surprised!

Beer Waffles:

3 egg yolks
1 whole egg
1 12 oz beer of your choice (see notes)
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 pinch of sugar
1/4 cup oil

Beat the egg yolks and egg with the beer until completely mixed. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix completely. Bake on a hot waffle iron until done.

This recipe makes 5 full-sized waffles…

Notes:

As with any other recipe containing beer, the choice of beer will have an impact on the flavor of the food. I used Lost Coast Brewery’s Alleycat Amber in this recipe and it was delicious. I do, however, wish I had a bottle of the Paulaner Hefeweizen on hand. The sweeter beer would have been even better…

:mug:

My brewing buddy's SWMBO doesn't drink at all, but she likes to cook with homebrew and always uses a bottle in her pancakes for Sunday morning breakfast. I used a bottle of bitter in place of the water in instant pancakes last time I went camping and surprisingly enough it was actually pretty good.

I think this recipe also has some room for improvement. I think MY first improvement would be, as mentioned, the use of a hefeweizen instead of an amber ale. I'll also probably put some blueberries in the next batch. I just didn't have any today. A little cinnamon would be good too...

I really hate to ask this, but since I'm new to this forum, WTF is SWMBO mean? I have seen it around but haven't been able to extract the meaning from context yet.... :)

if you're going to get off topic, you have to start your own thread and ask the question again.

if you're going to get off topic, you have to start your own thread and ask the question again.

OMG dont tell him that lol. I literally just blasted a sip of water all over my monitor while laughing and reading this.

The correct response.

"Well since your new to the site, why dont you try out the handy dandy search feature and look around the site a little"

Done

Definitely going to try this. Maybe use a bottle of my chocolate porter.

For the SWMBO inquiry. If asking, you will not be told. It's one of those Rights of passage. If someone does tell you, you better see it quick. mods usually delete their responses or change the words :) It's all in good fun

I've been itching to do a recipe like this the last couple of weekends and it looks like you provided a great base to work from. I would think the perfect beer for this would be the Lindemanns Framboise as it's always mentioned to be an overly sweet beer and the carbonation should make for a nice airy waffle....maybe even through in a small portion of shaved dark chocolate to complement the rasberries and have a truly Belgian waffle.

I had one waffle a day for 5 days out of this batch... So I need to make some more soon. I'm thinking of adding a small bit of vanilla extract and possibly some blueberries to the next batch...

JMSetzler,

Most forums frown on hijacking threads, really you should do as the poster said and ask what SWMBO means in a seperate thread. If no one answers just keep bumping the thread until a EAC answers.:ban:

JMSetzler,

Most forums frown on hijacking threads, really you should do as the poster said and ask what SWMBO means in a seperate thread. If no one answers just keep bumping the thread until a EAC answers.

I did a little digging and found the answer...

Is it really possible to hijack my own thread?

just messin w/u, but thanks for the recipe. I gotta try it. I tried one that Tyler/Food Network did the other day with Ricotta cheese and whipped eggs, while they were fluffy, I just couldnt get used to it, it kinda didnt resemble a pancake anymore. This sounds a bit more tasty.

Looks tasty. But ditch the Aunty J or leave it for kids and get some real maple syrup. Worth the extra coin and you'll probably use less, IMHO.

Back