Yankee Ingenuity VIII - Oct 12th or 13th

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I plan on coming up but probably won't be brewing on Sunday. Not enough room in my car for the equipment and the family. I was thinking of having my wife and daughter drive up with the equipment and I'd ride my bike, but she doesn't want to ride up separately.

It will be great to see you again, and the weather should be beautiful...

Maybe you can help me get those pesky pinlock posts off...

Bill

Oh - I'm sure we will find a way to get those babies off (I have already trashed 1 post, ripping 1 of the pins off) ...

I am happy to use whatever means nec. to get the kegs workable ... if I need to replace the posts, well, so goes the way of the kegging life.

Might be a fire-sale on pinlock kegs on Sunday ... I think Glib gets one as a finder's fee (smile)

I think I'm just going to be a hanger-out/brew assistant tomorrow. Going to be tough to get everything together today, I'm in about eight thousand different places. I'm definately coming out to hang out, though. What time are people getting there?

We'll probably get there around 12 or so. Depends on how my bottling goes tonight. I need to bottle a lot of wine. If I stick to business and just bottle I'll probably get up at a reasonable hour, if I spend too much time sampling/admiring the work it could get ugly. In any case we'll be there sometime after noon. I'm thinking it will be about 2 1/2 or 3 hours to get there.
Paul

wonderful news

Weather is going to be a carbon copy of today ... can't wait to taste those beans (smile)

Well, the baked beans didn't happen, I forgot to get them when we went to the store earlier and they need a fair bit of time. But I did make a pesto chicken pasta salad that is pretty tasty so I'll bring that instead. I'm still up watching the Sox, this game is taking forever.

Sorry to hear that, but there *will* be other get togethers ... this weekend's weather is just perfect for anything outdoors .. please send our very best along to Red..

I just put fresh batteries in the camera ... will post pics (of the brewing, not the foliage, that is).

Thanks !

Have begun the boil (extract Weissbier oberdorfer(

... if time permits, maybe do 2 batches today ..

Looks like i'm not going to make it up. I picked up a nasty cold in Hershey (not what i was looking for in the flea market!) and can't get out of my own way today.
See you all next time.

Thx for the heads up, and take plenty of vitamin C (maybe it can be the secret ingredient in your next batch

Until next time

We're on our way as soon as I print out some directions. Not going to brew, we'll just hang out and help. I brought the hose splitter.

Thank you to all who showed up, and for the delicious beer ! A drop dead gorgeous foliage day..

PaulTheNurse - my kegs live on due to your superior leverage.

I brewed 2 batches today - the first is already showing good activity, and is happy.

It is so much more fun to brew with other brewers !

YankeeIngenuityOct122008.jpg

Thanks Bill, for a fun day. The weather was glorious and so was the scenery on the way. I wish that I had brewed, but I was not at 100%. It was great to see everybody. Paul, it was cool that you & Alice were able to make it up, and I hope that you had a nice ride home and catch/caught the Pats game.

Talk to you guys later, I've got some stuff to do before the game.

Hippie

Thanks for having all of us over. It was a perfect day for it. Syd says thanks to Leila for the friendship and the horse rides. Good luck wrangling all of the animals in.

Thanks for a great time, Bill.

For those of you who weren't fortunate enough to make it to todays event here are some scenes from the day.

Driving thru Vermont in the fall is horrible. Absolutely HORRIBLE! Don't do it. Stay home.

DSCF3264.jpg

Let's get this party started!

DSCF3256.jpg

The HBTvolk. From left to right...Glibbidy, Bill's friend whose name I forget, the_bird, Hippie, our host KappClark, PTN and EvanMars.

DSCF3259.jpg

Horsey Rides for everyone, except me. I'm scared to death of the creatures. Here is Glibbiddy's daughter on her mount with a proud Dad watching. That's Mrs KappClark leading the horse around, and yes, those are chickens. MrsTheNurse had them eating the spent grains from her hand. (Note to self... Make sure you actually see Alice wash her hands in the morning.)

DSCF3250.jpg

A few of the_bean on the_beast.

DSCF3252.jpg

My favorite picture of the day.

DSCF3253.jpg

Glibbiddy's cowgirl getting first tracks. Wonder where she got that from?

DSCF3249.jpg

Just a hair over two hours home after we left Brattleboro. I enjoyed the cheese factory but didn't make it to the package store you recommended, Hippie. Next time. Thanks again for having us, Bill. It was a great day.

PTN

Thanks for hosting Bill. It was great to see everyone, and meet some new friends!
Paul- I really enjoyed your lambic. It was one of the highlights of my day.

Glib -

I have your growler and tubing ... I can drop off sometime this week ..

both my batches are still bubbling away ... great to see everyone as well..

My wife, horses and esp the chickens all say this should be an annual event, so Columbus Day weekend 2009 - get ready for an even bigger event (although it will be hard to top the foliage !)

Good to see the kitten and chickens get along.

My Neighbor "had" five, make that four clipped wing Banty Roosters.
One made it over the fence on top of my my sweet little 3 year old female calico. She is small around 7 pounds had a hot meat. I threw the leg with band on it plus feathers back over the fence after she was done eating.
They got out of their pen, oh well. I bet these "BB" thumpers are going crazy over this matter. I showed them my religion, one of many, many, many, the open bolt MAC 10 with every accessory mounted on it. They pushed their "BB" thumping beliefs down my throat one time to many over a two year period. This is why i'm against them all the more. Note this is not to offend any brewers on this forum.

Back to the Banty Roosters. I chased the other four into their pen if not the coons would of had a hot dinner that night the neighbors come home way after dark. We feed the coons unsalted peanuts as well squirrels and bluejays. Everyone's fighting for the peanuts in the winter it's when kitty gets into the show it becomes funny. Squirrels can go 0-60 mph within 8' it looks like. No way for kitty and the coons she keeps a magic 10' away.
Smart kitty but last year she found the back end of a skunk. wanted in the house in the worse way. El Stinko. LMAO on that one.
She will stay 100' or in the house if they come around.

Back