I'm new to all this, need some cider advice!Youngs brewbuddy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karlosmerkin

Reaction score
Hi folks!
I was given a kit recently for my birthday so i could start brewing.

I got a youngs brew buddy cider kit, but was wondering if it would be possible to add fruit such as strawberries or blackberries at any point during the process, just for a bit of a different flavour,as i have recently become quite partial to the jacques fruit cider and would like to create something similarly fruity!

Sorry if i sound really stupid asking this, but as i said, i am new to all this!
Any help or advice will be much appreciated!
Cheers
Karlos

Welcome to the board.
There are no stupid questions.....Except "What does SWMBO mean?" (and that one will definitely get you a stupid answer)

I am not familiar with your kit at all, but I prefer to add most fruit at secondary. This is when you transfer (Rack) your brew from the primary fermentor and leave the yeast and junk that has settled out behind. This is a prime time to add fruit because the alcohol that you have created will help to extract the fruit flavor, and the fact that it's avoiding primary fermentation will help to protect the real fruit flavor.

Back