What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well.... Didn't actually come in *today* but after some assembly required:

1-MM2Pro.jpg

2-MM2ProWithHopperAndExtension.jpg

3-MM2ProSideView.jpg

4-MM2ProDownTheHopper.jpg

My home made bottle filler wasn't cutting it. And a couple packets of yeast to get a big starter going

2016-05-09 11.56.30.jpg

Well not really in the mail... more of in the back up a truck. For free :)

New home for my kegs

2016-05-11 19.36.06.jpg

Swanky looking fridge for free!

Freezer doesn't work. Well kinda, coldest I could get it to was 17. Works great for cold crashing a starter really quick though.

Fridge works just fine. Holding a nice 40 degrees.

You gonna drill some holes in that fridge !?!? [emoji12]
Haven't decided yet. Only one keg right now and I use a picnic tap so not in a big hurry.

This stuff...was today, Also got my 7.2 cu ft freezer this weekend, a couple of tap handles and i've got quite a few more packages coming in the next few days...not smart having them all show up on SWMBO's days off.

20160516_183753.jpg

I hobby swap, buy and sell that way, just "retired" from paintvall so that was used to fund the keeper build, and part of our vacation.

Lol I just have too many hobbies... Luckily brewing and woodworking are the only expensive ones, and woodworking often times helps supplement the others... So there's that benefit...

Not really in the mail, but close enough. Coworker gave me 2 pepsi kegs that he never used, and the guy that gave to him never used either. Up to a dozen kegs now...

I cleaned up the outside real good with a mix of different abrasives and chemicals. Razor blade for the stickers, plus a mix of various non-polar solvents to remove the labels. Then a round of Dawn, followed by a deep scrubbing with BKF. That stuff is magic and the stainless looks good as new again.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1463448963.113742.jpg

(Picture looks better on my phone when you can't tell it focused on the background instead of the kegs. )

new 7lb Barley Crusher, another STC-1000 for another keezer build I'm doing for a friend, and a third for my fermentations fridge/chamber and a reptile infrared bulb (for the heat side in the fridge)

You can get them on Amazon for a little cheaper with free shipping. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NMQGAT4/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

They actually ship them from amazon. If it were my money I would of ordered from amazon but the university prefers us not to use amazon for some reason.

I am mapping the atmospheric conditions of our lab throughout the summer to determine how these conditions could affect flash over clearances. I needed a thermometer that was calibrated to calibrate the sensors that I am making.

I get to keep the thermometer when I am done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got my new thermometer in. The specs are comparable to the thermapen, but cost a good bit less.

View attachment 354959

How long is the probe on it? Also where did you buy it from?
I'm looking to get a long probe thermometer to check my mash temps for BIAB.

Edit - I see someone else already asked and you responded. I should have finished reading the thread before asking. Browsing via the iOS app.

Last edited:
Received my first keg and gas line 3 way manifold! Will go nicely with the inkbird temp controller and taprite dual regulator that came in last week! Now just need to get the fridge in working order... Should be receiving my CMB faucets soon :ban:

IMG_4068.JPG

New thrust washers for my pumps and my new Armorers Wrench. Thrust washers installed as well as a new muzzle brake.

Back