Best mini fridge or freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hulkavitch

Reaction score
I am looking to control my fermentation temperatures and think I will buy a chest freezer or mini fridge with a johnson (or other) controller.

Wondering what people are using? I dont want to modify it.

What is best?

7 cubic feet good?

Sort of a vague question... what do you mean by "good"? What kind of fermenters are you using? Buckets? Carboys? How big? How many will you be using at the same time?

There's no right or wrong answers here... it really depends on what you're trying to accomplish. And since our mind-reading powers are somewhat limited over the Interwebs, you'll get better answers if you use more than four words to form a question.

evrose said:
Sort of a vague question... what do you mean by "good"? What kind of fermenters are you using? Buckets? Carboys? How big? How many will you be using at the same time?

There's no right or wrong answers here... it really depends on what you're trying to accomplish. And since our mind-reading powers are somewhat limited over the Interwebs, you'll get better answers if you use more than four words to form a question.

Using buckets and carboys, i believe they are six gallon? Would like to be able to fit two.

One idea (not mine, I read it somewhere else, but I took this advice) is to trace the bottoms of your two biggest carboys / buckets, go to Home Depot, Lowes, or whatever you have near you and find one that they both fit in.

I got one with space for two carboys and a small shelf (the part above the compressor) that has room for two one gallon jugs. I don't plan to ever ferment again without controlling temperature.

Back