Homebrewing Blog

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good page HellBent, I liked the facebook page too, are you planning on going pro ? Also how much is it running you to print up labels for your brews I just finished getting a label for myself and I dont know if i want to pay to label everything.

Well the plan is to of course go pro. Right now we are building recipes and fine tuning our set up. The labels are free, it helps having a team of graphic designers as part of the Hell-Bent crew. Now we just need to figure out how to get a taproom and nano-brewery off the ground.

Very cool, how many people make up the crew ? where did you get your glasses and shirts printed ? im looking to so the same thing.

There are 7 of us. Everyone has their own part to play. I had some glasses done by bargainmugs and on cafepress. The shirts come from zazzle. I'm looking at getting some better quality shirts made and more glasses with our new logo.

Good info to have, thanks hellbent. I think I'm going to get some shirts printed locally and set up a website and use google checkout. Can't wait to get my logo onto some gear :ban:

SWMBO got me a sweatshirt for Christmas with my label on the front and a quote that reads "Fermentation may have been a greater discovery than fire". Its pretty sweet!

I'm thinking about starting a tuner for my brewing and drinking escapades. Twitter just isn't a proper forum for the crazy crap going through my head.

downtown3641 said:
I'm thinking about starting a tuner for my brewing and drinking escapades. Twitter just isn't a proper forum for the crazy crap going through my head.

Holy crap. Touchscreens are not my friend. Tuner = Tumbler.

It takes a little work to remember to post frequently enough, but it's a nice way to keep track what you're up to.

I just started one a few days ago! I have enjoyed writing for years, though I'm pretty critical of it, so most of it never gets read. :)

I am trying to 'expand my horizons' by just writing and throwing it out there to see what feedback I might get. Truth be told, it's pretty releiving to 'throw it out and not be afraid to get it cut off'!

Sunset Road Brewing | "If I brew it, they… well, I will drink it…"

Great looking blog Jiggs. Love the header and quote on the right. Great writing as well. Thanks for sharing.

Also a nice blog Azurecybe. Love the name. When the first thing I see is a bottle of Templeton Rye, I know its going to be a good site.

Looks good. Hardest thing for me is finding the time. With a 3 year old and a 6 month old that's a rare thing. I usually use my lunch break at work to get a post or two done.

I agree - finding the time can be the hardest part. Mine has been relatively quiet these past few months (as has my brewing), but I am gearing up for the new year. Link below in signature if you're interested in checking it out.

:mug:

Love the wild yeast experiment. Im going to give that a try. There is a vineyard a mile down the road. I know the folks pretty well and Im sure they would let me try and harvest some wild yeast.

Love the wild yeast experiment. Im going to give that a try. There is a vineyard a mile down the road. I know the folks pretty well and Im sure they would let me try and harvest some wild yeast.

It was a fun experiment and one that I think worked pretty well (rather surprisingly). I had hoped to harvest more yeast this past fall from my uncle's backyard vineyard, but never got the chance - you should have some excellent luck finding good wild yeast at the vineyard near you.

I think the great thing about having a blog is that the writer determines the scope. For instance I have chosen not to review commercial beers and instead use the venue to focus on my personal travels through the brewniverse.

There are some really nice blogs that have been linked here and those I fancy I'll put on my "Blogs I know and love" link section. Gots to give back some love you know.

I'll go ahead and drop this in here:

The Bottle Cap Brew Blog

A friend of mine who got into brewing through a birthday or Christmas present last year and has done some journalism work was really excited to not only brew, but blog about it. He enlisted myself and several other friends to write articles for him. I did the sciency stuff, other people had techniques and random commentary. It was a good effort for a couple of months, but my interest kind of petered out when I really started getting into the meat of my thesis. The guy who started the blog got discouraged by a few infected batches and stopped writing.

Hopefully within the first month or so of 2012 we'll be able to start back up. I'm finishing the thesis up soon and have plans for some more brewing science experiments as well as brewing experiments that I'm going to write up.

I actually posted this thread a little while ago and got some great results for subscribe-worthy blogs:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/favorite-homebrewing-blogs-251586/

I have found reading other people's blogs to be one of my best sources for brewing education since starting the hobby, particularly when it comes to all-grain and advanced methods. I always find myself very interested in the progress of others, and when I know that I am reading another brewer's blog and he mine, there is a fantastic sense of camaraderie and an extreme amount of joy in the mutual successes :mug:

After weeks of illness brought on by having children in daycare, I will be brewing again and blogging again. Thanks for the posts everyone. Ive really enjoyed reading these. And Ive read a bit from all of them. CHEERS!!

Pictures are my downfall as well. I'm a fan of how my layout deals with pictures and they are ****ty cellphone pictures besides. I tend to just leave them out when not necessary, but let's be honest, pictures always make things more interesting.

I'm considering adding beer reviews to my blog. Figured I'd way in here as well, see what people thought.

Thanks Hollis. I took a look at the page and sent in some suggestions. Sounds interesting.

Blog looks good Holliday. That stout sounds delicious! I have a Chocolate Stout I will be doing this weekend. One I've done before and felt it was time to revisit.

Should be starting my brew rig project this week/weekend. Cant wait to get this thing going. I will of course be posting pictures on the blog. Hope everyone is doing well out there. CHEERS!

I need to do a better job of posting. I feel like I'm so busy on brew days that I want to just relax when I'm done, and watch football or something (like this past brew day, when I timed it to coincide with NFL championship weekend), and thus don't post like I should. We need to have some sort of support group that makes fun of us for NOT posting often enough, adding shame as a powerful motivating factor to posting.

I have had a blog since 2005, homebrewing entries started in spring 2010 when i started brewing. I keep a separate Google Doc brewing journal and re-post interesting entries to the blog. There's lots of other non-brewing stuff on there as well.

re-turn

How is everyone's blog progressing ? I created a facebook group today for beer bloggers as a place to promote our blogs and individual posts and also as a place to exchange advice, tips etc. about beer blogging.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/161869013923443/

After a quiet Fall, both my brewing and blogging has picked up this winter. I'm trying to make up for some lost time!

I haven't had a chance to brew since the beginning of December, so my blog hasn't had too many posts related to my actual homebrew. I've been trying to keep it active with some other topics related to craft beer and what's going on in the industry. I just bought some supplies for a new batch so hopefully I'll be able to start posting more of my actual homebrewing again.

Back