Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My new IPA.... 15 fruits worth of zest added!

Zest Bomb.jpg

Finished up some labels for a series of single hop pale ales I've been working on. So far I've only brewed Galaxy and Challenger, but I have the labels prepared for all of them. Since all the hops can be likened to something related to space, there is a space theme!

Wow! this are awesome! Great job! :mug:

Finished up some labels for a series of single hop pale ales I've been working on. So far I've only brewed Galaxy and Challenger, but I have the labels prepared for all of them. Since all the hops can be likened to something related to space, there is a space theme!

This is one of the best overal branding concepts I have ever seen, homebrew or comerical or for any kind of business. It really is amazing all the way around.

This is a work in progress for an all grain recipe that I am developing, for when I make the jump from extract brewing, which I named after Northern Michigan's resident crypto-critter, a hulking werewolf type creature that folklore calls The Dogman. The quote in the picture is from a song called 'The Legend', which tells the tale of the Dogman based on various sightings of the creature throughout the years.

Dogman Beer Label.jpg

In the last Label List, we announced our new logo and name change. In this post, you will see the new design style for our labels. We have striven to simplify the labels while elevating the look of them. I think this will go a long way to the professional look we are trying to achieve.

The first one we brewed was a Summer Wheat ale. Since it was a Spring Brew for a Summer Beer, ReAwakened seemed a fitting name. So a nice, cheery rising sun with a bright blue sky. What could be better? Lumbering zombies. THAT would be better:
ReAwakened.png

Tim's son graduated High School this year and we, of course, had a graduation party. In other words, we had another reason to brew a double batch and drink a lot of tasty homebrew! None for the graduate, though, he's under age! Congratulations on your graduation and have fun at your party. While we drink.

Since it seems that everyone that has tried our Queen of the Damned (London Pub Ale) likes it, we brewed it as an all-grain 10 gallon batch. This crowd-pleaser went through a label makeover to update to our new look. This was hard to do since the label for this one was also one of the best-loved labels. Hopefully I have done it justice.

This also is the first of what will be our International Series. Following brews in this series will have the respective flag in the background and the hair and makeup color will change. So will the color of the flower in the hair.
Queen%2Bof%2Bthe%2BDamned_AOTD.png

The Temptress is the first of our Base series. The idea is that we will have certain brews that are not only house brews, but a basis for other brews. On these labels, the hair, makeup and flower colors will change with the type of brew. The name of the brew will also change in color to match the hair.
Temptress.png

This is the first Double IPA we have brewed. 14.5 ounces of Citra in a 10 gallon batch. I wanted to show that citrus explosion on the label, and think this does it pretty well. This is also the first label template that we have reused. Now, you can see what we are doing with the labeling.
Hip_Hops.png

For our next High Gravity brew, we decided on a Russian Imperial Stout. This will be ready to open on Christmas Day. This is the fourth and (so far) final label type. We will probably be sticking with these four for a while. If this turns out the way I hope it will, we'll brew this once a year.
Necrophiliac.png

Of course, since we are doing a high gravity brew, we must get what we can out of all those delicious grains! Here's our second partigyle. Keeping the label pretty much the same but for the ABV, description and PARTIGYLE stamp.
Necrophiliac_Part.png

Our last partigyle came out great so we have high hopes for this one, too.

Love it. Art and Theme are brilliant.

here are my two latest. I may have to redo some of the Bitter label, the keep calm text and the flag came as a single layer, and I'm not happy that the crown and the flag aren't properly aligned. I am happy that I teaked the shades of red and blue in the crest to closely match the british flag in the background for this one. I don't think I would have liked the contrast otherwise. Maybe if I redo the text I'll have it say "Keep Calm And Hold a Grudge" y'know, since it's a bitter.

as for the pale ale, does anyone have any decent resolution imagery of the ahtanum creek area of the US? I couldn't find anything that I would have been happy scaling up enough to use after cropping it to fit portrait, so I settled for putting it in landscape, which admittedly causes some people not to recognize what it is. Also, font selection is always a pain. Does anyone have any nice clean fonts that feel mid-westy or northwesty?

ahtanum pale ale r2.png

English Special Bitter.jpg

I have been contemplating brewing a brown ale. Our doberman loves to drink the pool water in a part of our pool that is six inches deep. Someone said that he looked like a moose because he sticks his entire snout into the water and blows air bubbles up as he drinks. He then raises his head with all kinds of water dripping from his snout. That got some gears going in my head and today my daughter and I took some pictures to see what we could do.

Screen Shot 2015-07-24 at 5.30.27 PM.png

I've just used the Beer Labelizer so far, but trying to come up with good names for my beers.
"Banana Split Stout" got its name because I split the batch in two, and it tasted of bananas due to high fermentation temperature. :ban:
"Midsomer Ale" is named after an imaginary place in England, and I happened to brew it on midsummer!
An important ingredient in my "Teddy Bier" is flaked wheat, which comes in a box with a picture of a teddy bear on it.

MidsomerAle.jpg

BeerLabel3.jpg

TeddyBier.jpg

I've just used the Beer Labelizer so far, but trying to come up with good names for my beers.
"Banana Split Stout" got its name because I split the batch in two, and it tasted of bananas due to high fermentation temperature. :ban:
"Midsomer Ale" is named after an imaginary place in England, and I happened to brew it on midsummer!
An important ingredient in my "Teddy Bier" is flaked wheat, which comes in a box with a picture of a teddy bear on it.
Cool labels. I noticed "ale" is hard to read and didn't know what it said until I read your post (I thought it said "me" but that didn't make sense :) ). Also the word "split" I thought said "spit". Just a couple of observations. Love the teddy bear. :mug:

Cool labels. I noticed "ale" is hard to read and didn't know what it said until I read your post (I thought it said "me" but that didn't make sense :) ). Also the word "split" I thought said "spit". Just a couple of observations. Love the teddy bear. :mug:

Yeah, unfortunately Beer Labelizer doesn't allow me to change the font...

My most recent for some beers I bottled up for the canoe trip this weekend. I don't stick to a name, I usually name/design the label based on who I'm sending it to/drinking it with.

DSCF1159s.jpg

MS paint and Pixlr Express.

(same beer)

il_570xNaas.jpg

Back