Greetings from Elgin, IL!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeusInnomen

Reaction score
Howdy. :) I'm new to the forums (clearly, as you can tell by my post count) but I've been lightly lurking for a week or two. My mother and wife finally decided to humor me and help me get set up for home brewing for my birthday. (Although, Mom stipulated that she expects me to make her mead at some point, boy does she drive a rough bargain!)

So, a few books and a bunch of equipment later, I've started up my first batch in the fermenter: the Brewer's Best Scottish Ale kit to start me out and get the hang of things. So far so good, and now I'm skimming recipes for something new to try. I figured I'd be more official and actually get involved here as well, since I'll absorb all the advice and "everybody else's hard-learned lessons" I can get. ;)

*waves*

Welcome!

Back when I was a pup, I grew up in Prairie Grove (Carey, Crystal Lake area). Most relatives still live in the greater Chicagoland area.

I'm from San Diego originally before moving here in '90. My wife's family is mostly from here and my parents are still around here (although Dad wants to flee the Midwest as soon as he can. ;) ) But we ended up buying a house on the west tip o' Elgin, and thus here we are.

Welcome! San Diego misses you ;) My folks just moved to Mundelein (not really a choice they wanted to make). Enjoy the forums!

Welcome to HBT - always good to see another IL homebrewer (native or otherwise!) :mug:

Welcome to Elgin...one of the larger suburbs of Marengo! And, most of all, welcome to the addiction called "brewing."

glenn514:mug:

hah, thanks folks. More of a turnout than I expected, y'all rock. :) Good news is, so far I haven't completely hosed my first batch, the sample I took this morning from the primary had a good taste to it. So yeah, it's all downhill (to the floor) from here. Now the fun part is coming up with the next few projects: at least one hard cider for SWMBO and possibly an ESB.

Back