AZ Phoenix Area - ASH Ocotoberfest 10/03/09

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Oktoberfest is coming up on Saturday OCT 3. It's getting down to the wire, get those memberships!

You must be a member by THURSDAY OCT 1, to attend due to our state's restrictive Alcohol Control Board policies. An outside security company will work off of the membership list exclusively. There are no exceptions.

We just got a donation of 2 kegs of Imperial White from Sam Adams, along with 2 Oktoberfest kegs.

Also Firesone Walker, and Odell will be bringing beer to the fest.

Bring your kegs of home brew to showcase. We'll have ice, so don't worry about that.

THURSDAY OCT 1, we'll be at Papago and Rock Bottom - Ahwatukee at 6pm selling last minute memberships, so come and get 'em if paypal isn't a good option for you. The link t join is here: http://azhomebrewers.org/w/Membership

Membership is $30 and will carry you through to out Holiday party. So in my humble opinion, you are getting 2 kick ass beer festivals with food included- a bargain!

15th Annual Oktoberfest Homebrew Festival - October 3rd.
ASH Holiday Party - December 4th.

A note on designated drivers and kids. Kids 15 and under are welcome with an adult member (parent/guardian). Beer is off limits but we'll have some root beer there for 'em.

A designated driver is welcome if accompanied by a member of the club.

More info on Octoberfest.

http://azhomebrewers.org/w/Oktoberfest

October 3rd has been reserved for the 2009 ASH Oktoberfest. The location will once again will be in the Ruben Romero Corporate Ramada at Kiwanis Park in Tempe.

The festival runs from 1pm to 6pm. Arizona Barbeque will be providing their expertise with the food and the usual high quality of Homebrew provided by members of ASH and our sister club Brewmeisters Anonymous. There will also be a few choice commercial brewers attending with their beers as well.

This is a members only event. Only members who have joined the club as of midnight October 1st may attend. Membership dues can be paid to any ASH board member or or at any ASH event. You can also join online using the PayPal link on the Membership page.

Designated drivers, Kids and Dogs get in free. Any adult who plans to drink must be a paid member!

Highlights for this event are:

* A large selection of outstanding Homebrew from attending members
* A few special commercial brews as well
* Outstanding Barbeque and sides
* Kegerator raffle
* Live music provided by Bargrass Revival. You can check out the band at Myspace or facebook
* Oktoberfest Homebrew Competition prizes will be awarded.

Cool, my girl would love to try it. I'm probably going to pick up a few 1L bottles and fill up with the russian breakfast stout, and two others but I'm not sure what they will be yet.
ive got the stone 02 clone, the barleywine and the new pale ale with citra that would probably be ready to go.

Ok, heres what I am bringing for tomorrow.
~1L of the Russian Breakfast Stout
~1L of a blended The Pious Quad (westvleteren 12 clone traditional and new world)
~1L of The Poet imperial wit (stone VE 222 clone)
22oz of The Profound Porter (last bottle)
22oz of Hopback Mountain Barleywine (last bottle)
12oz of The Emperor Stout (dark lord style)
12oz of The Minstrel Sour

Back