SS Brewbucket no-longer sealing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eddiewould

Reaction score
Hey,

I had a particularly vigorous fermentation and my blowoff tube may have blocked. Anyway my brewbucket is no longer sealing - the clamps just dont seem tight enough any more. Is it possible to fix it?

Cheers,
Eddie

How long have you had it? I imagine if you contact SS Brewtech, they can sort it out for you. I can't believe that if its relatively new that you would have to buy a replacement gasket.

If you contact SS Brewtech, they will tell you how to rebend the clamps. Or just use some shims. I cut some of of a piece of vinyl siding I had laying around and it works well.

I have this fermentor - and I really am not a fan of the gasket. You need to tuck it under the lip/rim of the cover. It also leaks when i use co2 to push the beer into the keg. I may try to tighten the clamps to see if that improves the sealing.

Finally got around to doing this. It does work. You need to lift the clamps up to be able to get the screwdrivers under.

Back