Do beer drinkers eat sushi?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're going out today to a sushi buffet. Turnover is fast so everything is fresh, quality is great and variety is large. If you're ever in the Parsippany area, you should check out Minado.

I'm going to put a big hurt on that buffet today :D

-Joe

Rice quality and preparation are very important. You wouldn't think rice could make that big of a difference but it does. Also, if you are going to use raw fish make sure that it is sushi grade. If you just want to experiment use some cucumber, avocado and imitation crab. Its not bad for starters :)

After that maybe try doing some tempura shrimp or tempura soft shell crab in a roll.

I eat a fair amount of sushi. I've made it once. Lot of work.

OP, if you're looking for a sushi place in the Milwaukee area, try Izumi's.

We're going out today to a sushi buffet. Turnover is fast so everything is fresh, quality is great and variety is large. If you're ever in the Parsippany area, you should check out Minado.

I'm going to put a big hurt on that buffet today :D

-Joe

Dude!! I went there for a buddies b-day and that place is effin amazing! The cooked food there is great as well.

As an Avid angler living on the west coast, I eat my fair share of seafood..I eat sushi 2-3 times a week. Love the stuff! however,the best sashimi I've ever had has been freshly caught/bled/chilled Maguro(tuna) southwest of Point Loma. Landing 40-50# tuna and then eating them that night is amazing! Lobster sashimi is my favorite though. Here's a few pics :) from '08.

IMG_1279.jpg

DSC01600.JPG

IMG_1247.jpg

As an Avid angler living on the west coast, I eat my fair share of seafood..I eat sushi 2-3 times a week. Love the stuff! however,the best sashimi I've ever had has been freshly caught/bled/chilled Maguro(tuna) southwest of Point Loma. Landing 40-50# tuna and then eating them that night is amazing! Lobster sashimi is my favorite though. Here's a few pics :) from '08.
Sick!

"We're gonna need a bigger boat.":D

EDIT: Had sushi last night. I LOVE those tempura chips! They put them in certain rolls (this was called a Red River Roll) and they add a great, crunchy texture.

Kick Ass Sea Bass!

Can someone give a idea of whats a good price to pay for everything? Like how much does the rice go for? how much should i pay for the seaweed? etc.

is it worthwhile to order online anywhere or should i make the drive to the asian market?

Having lived in Japan for two years, I'm happy to say that not only do I eat the heck out of some sushi, I'm a big damn snob about it!

Pacific fish MUCH better than Atlantic fish!

Back