What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hop.jpg
I bought a create your own 6 pack with 2 each of Hop Ranch, Dirt Wolf and Hop Wallop.

I've passed that one up a dozen times. kinda glad I did since I keep hearing the same thing. I already have 36+ bottles of Meh. :drunk:

I'm no fan of NB generally, but I thought Accumulation was pretty good. Of course that was one bottle at a party and I haven't bought any…

Our palettes continuously evolve and improve! ;)

@-U-BR6000-34.99.jpg

I'm no fan of NB generally, but I thought Accumulation was pretty good. Of course that was one bottle at a party and I haven't bought any…

@-U-BR6000-34.99.jpg

Ha! He draws a tree and then another tree next to it so it can have a friend and be happy.

I drink a beer and then I drink 5 more so it can be happy.

Whoa, there's a Philly homebrew in Phoenixville now?

Sorry - misunderstood your first post. I ordered the ECY-01 from Love2brew.com

Nice glass.
Maybe making 4 lbs of pate was a bad idea...

So what's in your glass? You can't post a pic like that without saying what you're drinking (after all - that is the title of the thread!)

I had always wanted to watch Bob Ross paint some epic early battle field scenes.:rockin:

He should have done a whole series of paintings themed to the Lord of the Rings. Can you imagine him painting Fangorn forest?!

Having a Brooklyn Brewing Chocolate Stout for dessert while I typed up a recap of my brew day. For those interested, it's here:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f127/my-first-go-turbid-mash-lambic-style-brew-454911/

Banh Mi sounds delicious right now. There's a place in the Eden Center (in Falls Church VA, worth a trip if you like Vietnamese food) that makes the best Banh Mi I've had, and it's very cheap.

Bahn Mi? Yum. There is no such thing as too much Bahn Mi. How did you make your own pate?

More coronita. Not worth the picture.

Skipped the bacon and used belly instead of shoulder.
Next time I might use more belly, a little less back fat, and less liver. I might also make a half recipe...

ditto

...and I'd take a pound or so of pate off your hands, that banh mi looks fantastic

I'm not sure pate would ship well, though with this weather it would probably be fine. If you're lucky, you might get some prosciutto though.

So what's in your glass? You can't post a pic like that without saying what you're drinking (after all - that is the title of the thread!)

Beer!

Last bottle of farmhouse pale from the half without JP dregs. I'm pretty much out of beer I'm not trying to cellar. Thankfully two batches to bottle tomorrow and cream ale is about ready to drink. I'm almost out of barley malt and the guys I get malt from just built a new kiln and won't have malt for a few weeks. Might have to break down and get some 2 row to make a beer for the mrs. this week.

Fresh growler pour of Ithaca Brewing's "Zuul". A imperial Stout brewed with Gimme! Coffee's Java Blawan, cacao and cayenne pepper. Nice and roasty with faint heat in the finish.

Also picked up a growler of CranBretty. Cranberry ale fermented with Brett only. That's up next!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390268261.629944.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390268439.438068.jpg

Had 3 of these 2x, my hb chocolate milk stout that doesn't taste right, and now onto the fruit salad blonde. Was feeling a stout night but didn't see too many options I was interested in. Diabetes stout is still on tap but forgot my growler. D'oh!

1390273791899.jpg

HB helles, was drinking an old IPA, end up pouring the last three bottles because it had gotten too old.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Home Brew mobile app

Founders Porter. I haven't met a Founders beer I haven't liked yet.

Earlier I finished off my growler of Fort Bend Brewing Coffee Stout. They brewed it specifically for a tap take over at Whole Foods on Friday. Very nice as well.

Coy94

Founders Porter. I haven't met a Founders beer I haven't liked yet.

Earlier I finished off my growler of Fort Bend Brewing Coffee Stout. They brewed it specifically for a tap take over at Whole Foods on Friday. Very nice as well.

Coy94

I'm not a fan of Fort bend. I think there beers are bland. The "stout" is the only good but I think I tasted off flavors to it. I went to a little tasting they had and all wasn't good and the rep was a moron

Definitely an interesting brew but it's my least favorite anchorage offering so far. Very light body, typical high carbonation, rose colored hue. Light on the flavor department, very little of the lime and and a bit of sweetness from hibiscus and all is covered up by a but of Brett funk. By no means bad but I'd probably pass this one up in favor of any other offering.

and yes, that is a recycled wine glass from earlier since I was too lazy to walk downstairs for a new glass

1390278324611.jpg

Not entirely sold on this one. I get the concept. And I dig the yeast. But there seems to be too much going on. And I'm pretty sure this isn't a fresh bottle. Not as much hops as I was led to believe.

I must've got a fresh one because I thought it was great but then again I think torpedo is good so what do I know? :D

Banh Mi sounds delicious right now. There's a place in the Eden Center (in Falls Church VA, worth a trip if you like Vietnamese food) that makes the best Banh Mi I've had, and it's very cheap.

I go to Bahn Mi DC all the time. Easy in & out, plus other tasty treats.

Water at the gym.

Back