Home brewpubs/ brewing lairs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love all of these, man i cant believe you scored that style and size freezer for 100.00. Here in canada those are upwards of 400.00 used and about 800.00 new. Thesomeguy-is that an ss brand fermenter? I wanna get one soooo bad but its not even in the distant horizon
:(

I wanna see some pics of your home pubs or brewing areas for some inspiration and ideas for my next big project!

and yes, that is a Mr. Beer kit. You have to start somewhere. led me to the PicoBrew Zymatic :mug:

2015-04-26 11.53.54.jpg

2015-05-28 22.00.20.jpg

I love the Garage floor. As for how much iv spent... Yea.... Im in the almost 1k range... With what seems like little to show for it. Going all ss of just the keg setup gets crazy expensive.

Yeah ive got at least a grand invested and pretty meager equip. To show for it. My imagination stretches further than my wallet lol, now im mad that i dont have a fully electric ss setup. I should just be happy that i have what i need to churn out great craft beers for myself and friends

Love all of these, man i cant believe you scored that style and size freezer for 100.00. Here in canada those are upwards of 400.00 used and about 800.00 new. Thesomeguy-is that an ss brand fermenter? I wanna get one soooo bad but its not even in the distant horizon
:(

Yeah its the 7 gallon Chronical, I built the cabinet to store it in. I also purchased the FTSS to go with it, have yet to use it though it arrived just before I deployed again. Counting down the days until October.

My lair/brewery journey is in my autosig. It was a 6 month project but well worth it.

I put together a slideshow/video of my man cave/brewery that I finally finished today. I used a bunch of pics I took from the beginning till today. With a lil video at the end with upcoming events. Gonna be a busy week for videos, if my batteries hold out...

Last edited by a moderator:
I definitely want to do another video tomorrow. Maybe one or two more?:mug: But it'll be maybe next month before the mumme' video...

Yesterday, I finally got those coasters from around the world I'd mounted in a poster frame hung on the wall above the desk. Gotta DE label my bottle collection as much as possible to do the same with the labels.

My home bar / man cave. It's an old pic, much more crap on the walls now, just don't have any more recent pic of it.

20150115_130436.jpg

I have a small corner of my basement, next to the laundry room with slop sink for easy cleanup, transfers, and bottling. I also insulated a closet for fermentation and will be installing a cooling unit from a small wine cooler shortly. Its small but convenient and functional. Right now all brewing is done outside in the detached garage. Eventually I will renovate the garage to be my home brewery.

14840987720441551883779.jpg

1484098726129990086726.jpg

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1484778386.220394.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1484778426.386405.jpg
It is, and probably always will be, a work in progress. I had the prep table for 15+ years. I got it from a thrift store for less then scrap metal prices. The prior owner used it for deer processing and closed his shop. The sink has been around for about 6 years, upside down in the back yard waiting for its new home. That came from a farmer who used it in his stable to clean horse tack. With a little bit of work, I was able to clean it up quite well. Gotta love stainless.

Here's some shots of my brewery in action. My wife thinks this is the laundry room for some reason... not sure why?

laundryshot.jpg

systemshot.jpg

systemshot2.jpg

Here's my sweet little Kegerator.

kegerator.jpg

Couldn't find a good shot of the entire bar but here's me standing behind it talking some trash about Mr. Beer.

behindthebar.jpg

Here's a youtube video from 4.5 years ago (when I first set everything up) not many stickers, posters, or regalia but it gives one a gist of the Brewcave layout as it still exists today.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu5JAHY1DXA[/ame]

Finished this up, just before New years.
With a compact rig like the GF, I was able to splash out a little and turn it into a space for chilling out, rather than a brewery space.

My friends have an almost identical garage space, and they've turned commercial, and now its filled with sour beer barrels hahaha.

The two fridges are a ferm fridge and cold conditioning fridge.
tardis is a kegerator, then the storage area (i'm till bringing stuff out slowly but surely.)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

I like how your system is actually incorporated into the bar. I don't think I've ever seen one quite like this; you can literally bartend and brew at the same time. "would you like a refill, hold on a sec I just need to stir the mash" Beautifully done sir!

stee6043, that is a super sexy and classy setup! Definitely one of the best I've seen. Gotta post mine soon, but waiting on two more Chronicals to get here first.

Well this is my setup. I run two 2 vessel systems. 20gal a turn. 200k BTU burners. 800cfm exhaust and 400 cfm fresh air make up.

20170705_212709.jpg

20170705_212758.jpg

This is the barrel aging area and the Kezzer with 10 taps and a TV with a rasberrypi running the tap list.

20170705_212938.jpg

20170705_212818.jpg

Back