Entering Homebrew Alley 6

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing on my end either. Does anyone know if they went with medals or ribbons?

The year I entered and placed in a couple of categories, I got "certificates." Like the little printouts you get if you complete a seminar for work.

I was pretty disappointed in that. That's 3 or 4 years ago, maybe more, though.

Every time I see this thread in bold I get excited. Then it's a "nothing yet" (yes I realize the irony of this post). Also, being in the one-day mailing zone, I can tell you for a fact that these were not mailed our last weekend.

Same here, and no response to my email either. If they don't come monday, I'm thinking about having my friend call his friend who is one of the "leaders" of the club that hosts it.

Same here, and no response to my email either. If they don't come monday, I'm thinking about having my friend call his friend who is one of the "leaders" of the club that hosts it.

I emailed the info@homebrewalley6 account two weeks ago and got no response.

Still nothing in the mail as of today.

I posted on the facebook page, no response. I've entered two contests, this one and West Coast vs. East Coast.... we know how that one went. Beginning to think it's my fault. Also, nothing here today.

I'm happy to finally report that I got my scoresheets just now! I'm am also very happy with the feedback. My berliner was flawed, and I knew it, but the scoresheet gives me great explanations for why. My porter was entered into two categories to see which it fit better, and as I suspected, it scored great in the brown category and not so well in the robust category. So that settles that debate!

Hopefully you all get yours soon.

I'm happy to finally report that I got my scoresheets just now! I'm am also very happy with the feedback. My berliner was flawed, and I knew it, but the scoresheet gives me great explanations for why. My porter was entered into two categories to see which it fit better, and as I suspected, it scored great in the brown category and not so well in the robust category. So that settles that debate!

Hopefully you all get yours soon.

Cool...came in the mail today?

I see you're in Shaolin (Staten Island). Hope they make it to SE PA in the next few days.

Got my score sheets today. Scored a 32 on an RIS, not bad but still room to improve. Good feedback.

Got mine tonight, 39 and a 35 on a Black IPA. Can't really read the comments on the 35 but it seems like he didn't enjoy the roastiness.

Got mine a couple days ago.... scottish went bad so got a 17 on it lol. They seemed to like the pumpkin, 35. And the brown porter got a 42 :rockin:. really happy bout that one.

upperNY01brewer how'd you do on the pumpkin?

Airborneguy said:
You beat me! I brewed the same recipe that won the HBT comp last year. Congrats. Did you place with that? If a 42 didn't place, I'd love to taste the beers that did!

Nah I didn't place. I really wanna taste or atleast see the recipes that did! I'm thinking of trying the NHC.

Got my score sheet last night. My American stout scored 19 and 21. Same beer got 33 and 36 in another contest. Must have done something wrong while bottling?

Back