What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i've had the ranger, meh. but ipa's aren't my first choice. the 1554 and 2below are pretty tasty, though.

Sierra Nevada 30th 2010 anniversary black barleywine.
^ Ranger has always been a consistanly great ipa for me i like it better than stones ipa.I can meh up a nap with fat tire though.

Pyramid Hefe for me right now...

One of my favorite New Beligums has always been Sunshine Wheat...tasty little thang she is.

Just polished off 2 bombers, the first Lakefront Fixed Gear then Moylan's Barleywine...moving on to Orkney Skull Splitter...one of my top 5 :ban:

Finishing a pint of my new 9 hop IPA and have a bottle of Pliny the Elder waiting be opened

Laying in bed with SWMBO. Just polished off an Anchor Steam Beer. Going to bed as she is getting annoyed with the lights from the laptop. Wait scratch that... I hear snoring.... HMMM, do I dare another beer? It is 11:30 on a friday night. Yep.... REFILL!

On the topic of Stone IPA, in case anyone wasn't aware:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f5/stone-having-chill-haze-problems-265084/

Stone says they're having a chill haze problem with the IPA (among others, according to facebook folks)

That said, Stone IPA pwns Ranger. Equally confused.

Chill haze is just apperance,not taste im just saying they have a good ipa,not great they have way better beers like self righetous... on and on. they have consistanly good beer to me everything is above average to excellent.Just my little opinion though.:mug:

Chill haze is just apperance,not taste im just saying they have a good ipa,not great they have way better beers like self righetous... on and on. they have consistanly good beer to me everything is above average to excellent.Just my little opinion though.:mug:

Not saying the chill haze has anything to do with taste. Just pointing out in case anyone cracks one open and "wtf it's hazy!" that Stone's already aware and working on it.

Back on topic, saison. Yum.

Last night I had a versa (hefe weizen), followed by home brewed Belgian dry stout made with cold steeped dark grains, delicious!

When my wife & son come home,we'll be drinking my BuckIPA,& English Bitter I brewed in time for our 34th. Pit bbq'd rump roast with savory lime oil & seasoning,corn on the cob,& grilled taters. I figured the IPA would stand up to it well. The bitter needs another week,imo. But I fridged 10 or 11 anyway. I gots ta have it taday,y'all!.

When my wife & son come home,we'll be drinking my BuckIPA,& English Bitter I brewed in time for our 34th. Pit bbq'd rump roast with savory lime oil & seasoning,corn on the cob,& grilled taters. I figured the IPA would stand up to it well. The bitter needs another week,imo. But I fridged 10 or 11 anyway. I gots ta have it taday,y'all!.

Sounds like a party!

Sipping my Pliny clone while brewing an Altbier and will be hitting a hot scotchy in 20 min with first runnings and Tullamore 12 year!

Yeah,it could be a party if wifey gets jiggy wit it. She's been a semi-downer lately,getting over being sick. She started to worry me. Comes with middle age. Especially since peeps you knew have been dropping like flies since our mid 40's. I got some good food comin,A table in the shade,batteries for the camera,& a crap ton of beer. I like scotch myself. Makes me wish I'd have put an 8'r of Whiskely Ale in the fridge too. I did toss 6 more EB's in with the 6 that went in last night. The EB is 2 weeks old today. Maybe have some Whiskely ale on labor day?...
But today,it's beer,booty,& BBQ!

Last edited by a moderator:
Spent the last 3 hours at my buddies brewery in Katy, TX. Drank 4 of his beers than 4 of mine. Now heading to The Public House to pay for more of his. Great guy and great beers.

Just got back from the store. I found the Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin Ale. It's the first pumpkin Ive ever found around here. I'm not sure how it will be but Im excited to sample the style. I brewed a pumpkin last weekend, so I hope I dig it. I'm just not putting my expectations to high with the Blue Moon. Does anyone like this beer or care to rate it among other pumpkins?

Anyway, I also threw a Lagunitas Lucky 13 in the fridge(damn delicious beer) as well as an Avery Brewing Co. Out of Bounds Stout and an Odell IPA.

Flomaster said:
Drinking a Vanilla Porter by Breckenridge Brewery

-=Jason=-

Did ya feel it, Jason? I had one of those a few months back and hated it...almost had to force myself to get through it. Might have something to do with flashbacks of a bad night with VANILLA Smirnoff Vodka...I dunno....

Just popped open a Blackberry Honey Porter homebrew...has grown nice with time.

Drinking my Red IPA made with a bunch of 9-12 month old leftovers from my extract brewing days...light & amber extract, loads of Columbus/Cascade hops, & some corn sugar to dry it out. Proof that even year old ingredients can produce something better than mass produced fizzy yellow beer! I freeze concentrated half of it too, so the Red EisPA is up next.

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

Shipyard pumpkinhead. I left the case in my car and it skunked :(
First bottle was great though.

wooda2008 said:
Shipyard pumpkinhead. I left the case in my car and it skunked :(
First bottle was great though.

I bought one last week but haven't tried it yet. How's the flavor? Does it stack up to some of the other great pumpkin beers out there...Dogfish Punkin, Hoppin Frog, Weyerbacher, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

Decided to crack open one of my session APAs after 6 days of carbing. Too early, but hey, I'm drunk and it's awesome. Loads of Cascade, and it's wonderful.

Its a couple weeks early but I've been drinking Oktos all week, looking for some optimator or HB oktos, will probably have to drive an hour to Indianapolis to get em

Back