Black IPA/Cascadian Dark Ale Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuttsjp

Reaction score
Hey all,

I've decided to jump on the bandwagon, and I intend to brew a Black IPA/Cascadian Dark Ale in the near future. I have seen lots of recipes and they all seem to have a few key differences. I want a good citrusy hop character with that nice oreo-like malt backbone. Who has some good suggestions for an AG brewing of the style, either general or specific?

:tank:

I'm looking for that same info. I have 5 lbs of Columbus, cascade, summit, and calypso and about half a pound of various other hops mostly noble and enough base and dark Malt to make just about anything. I don't want coffee or chocolate in the nose or flavor but want the color. I want a northwest hop bomb in the 60-80 ibu range. I hope this thread can help us both.

I would recommend adding the dark malt right before you sparge. That will minimize the roast flavors. I just sprinkle it on top of the grainbed and sparge away.

Back