Text Bending

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony

Reaction score
Okay, I used to have a simple document program that allowed for curving and bending text on my old computer. I cant for the life of me find another simple word program that bends text. What are you guys using?

there are a number of applicatiions that can be used to do this. To save you money and support the open source community you can download openoffice, this will do this for you and much more. you may also want to check out abiword (I am assuming you are using windows) make sure you look for the win32 abiword application, also if you need to do image editing I would look at "The Gimp" These are all opensource applications that all have windows ports to them. and they have the capability to do what you are looking for and then some.

hope this helps :mug:

I use MS WORD. You can insert a "WordArt"...found under INSERT>PICTURE. It allows words to be bent in an arch...among other things.

I use Inkscape to do it, but that's a vector graphics program and is more for doing a whole design.

I'm an Adobe Illustrator user myself, unbelievable ability at putting text on paths, circles, ovals, rectangles or shapes and paths you create with the pen utility. Kind of expensive but there are .... "other ways" of getting it (I don't condone for commercial use FYI), but for personal use, eh.

Latest posts

Back