Build or buy a kegarator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VictimKBrew

Reaction score
I found this kegerator on sale for $569. This is the setup I'm looking for. I know I can buy a Sanyo or other fridge and convert it but I'm not that handy and feel like I'd screw it up and be out a couple hundred bucks. My question is - a) have you heard anything about this kegerator b) should I still just convert a mini-fridge if it saves that much money? If I'm only saving $100 or so I'd rather buy one pre-assembled.

http://www.kegerator.com/KC2000TWIN...nd-Keg-Beer-Cooler/KC2000TWIN,default,pd.html

I've not heard anything about edgestar...but it doesn't look bad. If you're not handy...buy one premade. I have one I built, and one that I bought. I like the one I bought simply because it looks great in the kitchen. The other is in my garage so I didn't care. I have a Danby Chill-N-tap. I had heard bad things about this model, but I've had it for close to 2 years now and it's still running great. Plus, it'll fit three homebrew kegs and my co2 tank inside it.

I got it for a steal though. Normally I think it's priced around $500...I bought it for $175 without any of the keg accessories (no tower, co2 tank, drip tray, or keg coupler). I was able to buy all the needed things for about $250, so I save myself a little money off the cost. I worked in an appliance store at the time...so they cut me a deal.

Thats a very good deal. I built mine, basically the same setup but also got lines, two perlicks, and two ball lock cornies for $500 (everything included). Plus I had a lot of fun in making it and a little extra pride than buying one prebuilt.

If you don't have some basic tools to do the conversion, like a drill and bits, sander, hacksaw, etc., than you might not be saving money by building your own.

Check your local Home Depot / Lowes about them...they usually have ones (they aren't online) or can order them.

Last I saw I think I saw one for 250ish...this being after I made my starter on of course

Latest posts

Back