Options after forgetting priming sugar?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JerTheRipper

Reaction score
So my buddy and I had too much of our apfelwein and weizen and completely forgot about priming sugar on bottling day. This was about a week ago, and I just realized that we had forgotten when I saw the words "priming sugar" somewhere while browsing the forums. He's away on a camping trip for a few days, and I don't mind waiting until I weigh all the options, so I'd like to get some opinions before I do anything. I know of carb tabs, but they make me feel like I don't have as much control over the amount of carbonation as with some corn sugar and a scale. Is it reckless to carefully empty all the bottles back into the bottling bucket with the sugar and bottle again? Or should I just pick up some tabs and deal with it so I don't infect my batch? Or does it not really matter as long as I'm extra careful about sanitation/oxidation?

If you care about the appearance of your beverages, I would advise against the Munton's product and steer you toward Cooper's Drops.

Back