9/20/08 - 2nd Annual Central NJ Beerfest - Woodbridge, NJ

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You mean 09/20/08? I'm supposed to pour for Uno at this but I think I'll be camping upstate...

edit - Uno is also having a cask festival the Saturday before this on 09/13

yeah, I don't know why I typed 7/20 at first. I'll be volunteering as a WHALES club member helping out JJ's. I know the WHALES will have a table setup and will be brewing a batch but we can't pour homebrews (boo).

Is the cask thing UNO beers only or are other breweries participating. I just wish JJ's would post the tentative brewery list already. Last year was lame in that regard. One of the four participants showed up 2 hours late and another one brought one keg of each beer and they were kicked in an hour. I understand the first year is always the worst.

yeah, I don't know why I typed 7/20 at first. I'll be volunteering as a WHALES club member helping out JJ's. I know the WHALES will have a table setup and will be brewing a batch but we can't pour homebrews (boo).

Is the cask thing UNO beers only or are other breweries participating. I just wish JJ's would post the tentative brewery list already. Last year was lame in that regard. One of the four participants showed up 2 hours late and another one brought one keg of each beer and they were kicked in an hour. I understand the first year is always the worst.

The UNO caskfest is more than their beers. Mike didn't know which other beers he'd have though last time I asked. I'll be there just to support Mike even if I can't really drink...

Ben, are there any promotional materials out on the web somewhere? I couldn't come up with anything but I'll post it on the Whales board if you have the full info anywhere.

Ben, are there any promotional materials out on the web somewhere? I couldn't come up with anything but I'll post it on the Whales board if you have the full info anywhere.

No, sorry man. Mike doesn't advertise these things because he doesn't want to run out of beer. There are a lot of regulars that go to these things. He didn't even want me to post it on Beeradvocate...

The Uno thing will have 2 Uno casks, 2 Cpt Lawrence casks, 1 Chelsea cask, 1 Troegs cask, 1 Weyerbacher cask, and 1 Climax cask so far. Uno will also be serving at the Central NJ Beerfest in Woodbridge...

OK, the breweries have been announced:

Climax,
Cricket Hill,
Tun Tavern,
Weyerbacher,
JJ Bittings,
Smuttynose,
Stone,
Flying Dog,
Boulder,
Rogue,
Riverhorse,
Boak's,
Pizzaria Uno

Now THAT is a major upgrade since last year!!!

Hey Bobby, do you know if there are there still tickets available for Saturday? I wish I had known about this sooner. I went to the NY Brewfest last Friday and was a little disappointed. The rain was one thing, but I don't think half the breweries they said were going to be there were.

Tickets are still available and I know that they sold them at the gate last year. There's a possibility it will sellout though, so if you can get some in advance, that would be better. Maybe call JJ's and see if they distributed any tickets to Brewer's Apprentice.

Back