CO2 Refills in NJ

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SOS Gas in kearny nj... in and out in 10 min. and thats because I browsed the store for a mini secondary regulators.

5#'s for 11 bucks. and its only 15 min. away from clifton nj.

Just got filled at Chief Fire Extinguisher on main street in LODI NJ. Five pounder was filled for 16.86 including tax. Pleasant service, filled while I waited. got a pretty sticker and actual tank weight after fill. I had done an exchange for my shiny new tank at hoboken beer and soda, that was 19 bucks for 2.5lb.

Just got filled at Chief Fire Extinguisher on main street in LODI NJ. Five pounder was filled for 16.86 including tax. Pleasant service, filled while I waited. got a pretty sticker and actual tank weight after fill. I had done an exchange for my shiny new tank at hoboken beer and soda, that was 19 bucks for 2.5lb.

If your willing to go to Kearny they charge 11 bucks cash straight up for a 5# tank. They fill while you wait as well. Took about 10 min the second time around.

They Will also do a GMIX tank long as you have a CGA 580 threading.

The stamp on my tank is way past expired, anyone know where i can get it certified around the wharton area?

If your willing to go to Kearny they charge 11 bucks cash straight up for a 5# tank. They fill while you wait as well. Took about 10 min the second time around.

They Will also do a GMIX tank long as you have a CGA 580 threading.

I just called them, and they don't have beverage grade CO2, though. I would want to be pretty sure there aren't any dangerous impurities in my beer...

Just a quick update on my experience for my fellow Jersey CO2 consumers.

I went over to Hoboken Beer & Soda Outlet, and while they do not refill them, the do exchange them. Now, I know some don't like doing this, but they exchange like cylinders, so when I came in with a brand new aluminum cylinder, they gave me a similar one in exchange. It looks just as good as the new one I turned in, so I'm cool with it. They do charge $24, which is a bit steep, but I'm a convenience guy, so I'll pay it.

Dude 11 bucks in kearny. Can't beat it a mile off 78 and the njtp. Super fast service . Drop the tank on the loading dock goin and pay by the time you leave the office the tank is ice cold and ready!

Hey you South Jersery Guys........

I live 25-30 miles south of this place, The trip takes me 1 1/2 hours round trip. That SUCKS! But I get refills. Walk in, hand the tank, refilled, and pay. 5 minutes

$14.00 and change for a 10 lb refill. Hope it helps someone else.

Anyone know of one closer to 08087....PLEASE post or let me know.

:mug:

Oxygen Supply Co.
1889 Route 9
Toms River Nj, 08755

Phone 732-281-2990

I just called them, and they don't have beverage grade CO2, though. I would want to be pretty sure there aren't any dangerous impurities in my beer...

Not what they told me... the women said they deliver their gas to all the local bars.. they even do "beer gas"... G-mix that i've been getting there. I havent had any off flavors in my beers.

This is what you should ask...

All:
There is a HUGE difference in various CO2 QVL's (Quality Verification Levels - there are five).
ISBT (International Society of Beverage Technologists) has CO2 Guidelines for quality - this is what you want. Also CGA G-6.2 QVL I is Beverage Grade CO2 equivalent to ISBT.
"Food Grade" is QVL H. It is technically not Food Grade, it is Food Processing Grade.
Beverage Grade/Quality (ISBT/CGA G-6.2 QVL I) mandates many more impurities be removed that are not even checked in QVL H such as:
Benzene (yes BENZENE), ammonia, phosphine, much lower levels of sulfur and acetaldehyde both of which will affect taste, oil and grease and methanol.
You don't want higher levels of sulfur and acetaldahyde and you sure don't want unchecked benzene levels.

Anyone know of one closer to 08087....PLEASE post or let me know.

This is about the same distance but south if you are ever down that way...

FYI can't get CO2 on a Sunday there...

Advantage Rental & Sales
100 Route 50
Seaville, NJ 08230
‎
(609) 390-2345

This is about the same distance but south if you are ever down that way...

FYI can't get CO2 on a Sunday there...

Advantage Rental & Sales
100 Route 50
Seaville, NJ 08230
‎
(609) 390-2345

Jblizz, hey thanks, Good to know of another place to get refills " IN THIS AREA" LOL

Im in Little Egg Harbor, and There is NOTHING around this area. I wish there was. You have a RIDE to everything!

Does the BrewApprentise do refills? isnt that southern jersey just around exit 92 or something? I dont know for sure because I usually take back roads from my sisters house in red bank.

There's a gas supply store close to the brewers apprentice. It's on 33 regular (non business)heading east between freehold and Neptune. It's a gts-welco in farmingdale. They swapped my canister for a few bucks.

Up in North Jersey i have found quite a few places that will fill and/or exchange CO2 tanks. I just bought a used 20# tank for $50 and got it exchanged for another $56. The tank was out of hydro so it was about 28 for the hydro test and 28 for the fill. They just exchanged it.

Saw this thread still active as of this past January so thought I would chip in - I'm in Basking Ridge right between 287 and 78 - and the nearest locations are City Fire in Hanover, Reliable Carbonics in New Brunswick, and the Fire & Safety place (forgot name) in South Plainfield - all with in about 20 minutes - unfortunately not many are open on Saturday or not open past noon

City Fire Equipment Company 733 Ridgedale Avenue, East Hanover NJ 07936 charged me $37.50 yesterday filling up a #10 tank. That was more than I expected.

+1 for Reliable Carbonics in New Brunswick. Super fast service, open on Saturdays, and really nice people. Got my 5# tank filled for $10.

Forget City Fire Equipment Company 733 Ridgedale Avenue..

NEVER AGAIN.... Office sign says 8:00 am they are open.. Stopped by before work and drove 30 minutes out of my way.. Door was locked... I call the number on the store front and the guy says " Oh yes, I'm sorry we are open someone will be down shortly to help you". Soooo I wait... 5 minutes later no one opens the door, but my cell rings..
The guy I just talked to calls back and says sorry were in meetings until 9:30 if you want to wait. Other wise leave the tank outside the door and come back later to pick it up...

So:
Option 1- wait an hour and be late for work.....
Option 2 - Place my tank down and give no information. Come back later and hope someone knows where my tank is or wtf is going on at all.

SOOOOO... Sorry end rant.... Do not go here.. Take your business elsewhere..

City Fire Equipment Company 733 Ridgedale Avenue, East Hanover NJ 07936 charged me $37.50 yesterday filling up a #10 tank. That was more than I expected.

My God, for that price they should be giving you a new shinny bottle too. Was that a swap or a refill? I pay 14.50 for a 10lb refill in toms river in ocean county.

Approved Fire protection has food grade CO2 $14 and change for a 5# tank refills while you wait they also do hydrotesting for $16.85.If your tank is due for testing they have clean tanks for swap if your in a rush.

Next time try Reisinger Oxygen Services in Roseland. The place is a little hard to find, but their prices are great and they are really nice people. I don't live up there anymore so be sure to pet the dog for me. The address is 113 Harrison Ave Roseland, NJ 07068. (973) 228-0188.

Just a bump to find out if anyone's discovered by other places. I've been searching online, but I'm not finding much locally (near asbury park) in the way of food grade CO2. I'm going to call those listed in this thread in MONOC tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Next time try Reisinger Oxygen Services in Roseland. The place is a little hard to find, but their prices are great and they are really nice people. I don't live up there anymore so be sure to pet the dog for me. The address is 113 Harrison Ave Roseland, NJ 07068. (973) 228-0188.

This place is awesome! They filled my brand new tank for $10 and the people couldn't have been nicer. I petted the dog for you as well. Thanks for the recommendation!

I was very happy with Approved Fire Protection (114 St Nicholas Ave, South Plainfield, NJ 07080, Exit 5 off I-287). Friendly service and good prices, especially for bigger tanks (20# refill for $23). They do hydro too if your tank needs it (every 5 yrs) for $17.

Reliable Carbonic in New Brunswick charges $10 for a 5# refill, but doesn't do hydro testing.

The place on 33 is the only place in Monmouth county where you can get co2. I live near red bank and I have searched for closer.

I live in Fair Haven and go to Seaboard Fire and Safety on 35. It's in Wayside, right behind the Blue Swan Diner.

Title says it all...does anyone know of a place in NJ that will refill a co2 tank (not exchange)?

I'm building a kegerator out of a 15cf chest freezer, and most of my parts arrive on Saturday. I did make one mistake (now that I look back) and ordered a brand new 10lb tank and I know once the fiancee sees it, she won't want a dirty old one in her house instead. ;) After checking around though, it seems most places do exchange-only for tanks..at least the places I called.

I live in Morristown, but since I won't need to fill a 10lb tank very often it doesn't really matter if it's a little bit of a drive.[/QUOT

Dickson sporting goods in rockaway. Or paintball store in kenvil, roxbury nj

City Fire Equipment in East Hanover does refills, NOT exchange. It's $16.50 unless they test the tank. This is MUCH cheaper the AGL welding in Clifton that does a swap program and with the "hazardous materials" charge is almost $40 bucks and MORE the first time you go.

City Fire is the place to go.

sos gas in kearny nj will do small tanks or co2 and the mix gas.. If need it.. Like do.. Love watching me stout cascade... :)

Anyone have a recommendation near Jackson NJ? Looking for CO2 refills in particular.

Cool, looks like Oxygen Supply Co does 5 pound refills for $15.

Learned something new today. Welding supply places do not have beverage grade gas. Meaning they actually have oil in them. A beverage place has no oil it's called pure gas.
Another vote for reliable carbonics in New Brunswick. Only A dollar a pound.
Is this true? Would a vendor that deals with Fire (like Adam's Fire in Rockaway NJ) or paintball place (like Paintball Depot in Oxford, NJ) also have the same issue? Thanks.

Back