Rubber lining for keggle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lumpyyyyy

Reaction score
So I probably missed it in my search but I tried a bunch.

Here's my question. So I've been brewing for a few months with a converted keg as my kettle. When I cut off the top, I kept the top so I could use it later as a lid for it. What I want to do is put some sort of rubber lining around the cut on the keggle and the edge of the "lid". Does anybody have anything in mind? I've been searching nonstop to try and find something useful but haven't come across anything. Figured I'd ask you guys and probably get an answer within hours.

3/8" ID silicone tubing works great. I've used that on the hole cut in the keg so that I could use the top as a lid. I don't use it anymore since I have the top cut from my boil keggle that I now use on my mash tun keggle. The boil keggle opening is larger, so that top fits really nicely on the mash tun. :D

If you do go with the tubing, make sure you get the softer silicone tubing, not the stiffer stuff (the soft is semi-transparent white, the other is more ivory).

Back