Beer Cellar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BENDJOSEPH

Reaction score
I was just reading about beer cellars. Does anyone have one? I am now thinking of making one in the back yard.

Sort of...

I have a relatively large fermentation closet that I can maintain at temperatures ranging from 40 to 75 degrees F (or higher...but who would do that?). When I don't have a batch actively fermenting, I store my kegs in it at appropriate temperatures for the style(s) they contain. Works great! See "Brew Closet" in my signature.

I read your thread a little earlyer and I have also wanted to build a underground celler! I think this would be a "cool" way of controling your brew in the summer...and winter! I did a little yahooing and found this site....I think it might help if you intend to build one!

Someday I will build one!

http://waltonfeed.com/old/cellars.html

I'd love to have one, but most of the year it would be full of water, unless I had multiple drainage barriers. Ditto for a basement.

Back