Need Fat Tire Yeast...Anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pyro

Reaction score
All I have in the fridge is a 1st generation Wyeast 1187 Ringwood Ale if someone wants to trade. Don't know what the best way is to ship it either. Anyone?

I have a fresh pack of the FT yeast in the fridge, I bought just to propagate and freeze. If I ever get around to finding the right kind of glycerin, I'm going to make a starter with it, siphon off the wort, and divide into smaller jars to freeze.

I probable won't have any to ship for a week or two, but I'd be glad to send you one when it's ready. Be forewarned though, I've never been a yeast rancher before, so I may just screw up the whole process.

I'll check and see if you still need some when I'm ready.

Well, I was actually looking at brewing on St. Patty's day, but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth, so whenever you can send it would be great. Thanks Jesse. Need any Ringwood?

Sorry it took so long to reply. I was pretty :drunk: last night, and now I have a wedding to plan (not mine, my twin sister's).

Anyway, I got the glycerin at Wally World yesterday, and made a starter today. I'm should be able to chill, bottle, and freeze by the end of the weekend, so I should be able to get it in the mail to you by the first part of next week. PM me with your address.

I don't really have a use for any yeast right now, as I don't even have the wort to propagate it. So, I'll be glad to send this to you free of charge (just remember me when you see a similar request for some sort of yeast later).

Or, if you have a beer you're proud of, I'd love to sample a bottle and see the recipe. :) If not, just PM your address, and the yeast should get to you mid to late next week.

:mug: ,
Jesse

Back