wife says I can use our chest freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sneeron

Reaction score
O.K. I konow there is alot of theads here and I was looking for some feed back on all of this information. I found a 20 cu.ft. fridge (freezer on top)with a bad defrost timer being thrown out---17$ later we have a working beer fridge. We also have a cube chest freezer not being used. My wife likes the fridge to stay a fridge for pop, juice and frozen pizza for the family,I want a fermentor and server for me kegs(and a happy wife).The freezer will fit 3 corney kegs no problem---but then putting my wife out of a fridge for a fermentor is a hard sell. Putting a cabinet on top of my freezer with a dual temp controller for fermenting sounds like my ony option. So with an up draft fan ,under tank heater , dual temp controller, insulation and a cabinet what kind of money will I spend? I have a standing selving unit I built in my basement to use with minor mods(inclosing selving and putting frezzer under a section then sealing it) and my freezer to start with. So what kind of $ can
I expect to sell out?

+1 on what Panther said. Also, a chest freezer should serve pretty well as a ferm chamber without any mods, is it not tall enough to fit a carboy? If so you can get a johnson temp control (single stage, so you'd need to either build the ebay aquarium build on the forums or get 2 johnson controls if you need to heat as well) for about $75 and you're good to go.

thanks for the input.I can fit 1 carboy around the compressor hump but would need a self for 2. then a collor to fit the 2 carboys. I want to have room for more than 2. Sounds like I should go back to hunting c-list.

Back